PDA

View Full Version : Monorail transportation at Poly?

AmandaChan
01-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I am just curious, does the monorail that comes to the poly lobby only take you to MK and then you have to walk to the ticket and transportation center to catch one for Epcot? Also I'm assuming they have a bus service for DHS and AK close by but does the bus take you to Epcot?

Aurora
01-18-2012, 01:54 AM
The monorail loop that stops at the Poly also stops at the Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, Contemporary and TTC, in that order from the Poly. So if you want to take the monorail from the Poly to the TTC, you'll make almost the entire loop around.

However, the nice thing about the Poly is that the end longhouses are literally right next to the TTC -- which means you can walk there. One of the things I love about the Poly is that it's the only resort that you can take a direct monorail to the MK or Epcot because of its proximity to the TTC.

The Tahiti and Rapa Nui longhouses are the closest to the TTC, although they're the farthest from the Great Ceremonial House. The longhouses on the opposite side of the GCH -- Tuvala, Fiji, Aotearoa and Tonga -- are the farthest from the TTC. If you Google a map of the Poly, you can see the walkway to the TTC.

minnie-mouse
01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I believe you need to take a monorail to the TTC and get a different train to Epcot. But you can walk from Poly to TTC, it is a short walk. You have to take bus service to DHS or other parks.

brownie
01-18-2012, 11:56 AM
It's probably quicker to walk to the Transportation & Ticket Center from the Polynesian.

Polynesian Dweller
01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
It's probably quicker to walk to the Transportation & Ticket Center from the Polynesian.

Yep, maximum walk time 7 minutes, measured with a GPS many times.

brivers222
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
We stayed in Tahiti... It took us 5mins to walk to TTC and about 10mins to get the great ceremonial house.

So we regularaly jumped on the monorail at the TTC to get to the Lobby of the poly. way more fun too haha

kakn7294
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
You cannot get a direct monorail from the Poly to Epcot. You must travel either by monorail or by walking to the TTC and take the Epcot line from there. I'd recommend the walk as it's a short and easy walk to the TTC from the Poly. The resort looks huge but it's really easy to navigate and the walks are not long / far at all. There is also a bus to the all of the parks except MK (unless the monorail is not running) available at the front of the Poly, below and just to the right of the monorail station if standing in the parking lot facing the front of the resort.