PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me all about T-Rex Cafe!

Terra
01-17-2012, 05:24 PM
So I've made reservations for T Rex at DTD for our WDW vacation in March. I know it's similar [except with Dinos] to Rainforest. But that's all I know.

Tell me all about it. My sons are 3.5 and 5 and love Dinosaurs.
What do you recommend food wise for adults? [We already know they'll be getting the pizza or mac-n-cheese!:blush:].

On the reservations I put done celebrating 1st time visit. What do they or will they do for that? We'll also be celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary. Is there anything to do special for that there as well?

Tell me whatever I may need to know about anything!:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-17-2012, 07:01 PM
The only thing I've ever seen is little birthday celebrations. I wouldn't expect anything for first visit or anniversary, but maybe...

It's loud, but a lot of fun. Nothing special in the food dept, I prefer Rainforest to T-Rex, but it's not bad.

I've had the Gigantosaurus burger and pulled pig sandwich. Both were acceptable, but nothing I'd write home about. The Gigantosaurus burger is huge! It's totally enough to split with another person or two.

It's also a bit on the expensive side, but reasonable compared to Disney fare.

TinkerbellT421
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
We ate here hoping to just have a decent size lunch last year, well we tried to wait out eating at all seeing we had ADR's at O'Hanas, but by 12:30 we were starving so popped in the T-Rex.

The food helpings were huge! It was wayyy too much and ruined our ADR for O'hana, but not to go off on a tangent here....

The food was good. I had some sort of alfredo sauce pasta thing and DBF had something I cannot even remember what it was, all I remember is it was a lot of food. The food is really no different, better or worse, than Rainforest Cafe'. We are glad we did it once, but wouldn't go out of our way to do it again. The atmosphere is definitely what it is all about. There are certain times were the Dinosaurs are a little tad scary, I'm being honest here :blush: It's a scene when the asteroid comes through and all the Dinosaurs through out the restaurant start going off and the asteroids flashes through the ceiling. I went off in the back which didn't have anyone eating in to take pictures (it is really dark in there) but it actually freaked me out a little bit. I'm a scardy cat lol

Terra
01-17-2012, 07:57 PM
The only thing I've ever seen is little birthday celebrations. I wouldn't expect anything for first visit or anniversary, but maybe...

It's loud, but a lot of fun. Nothing special in the food dept, I prefer Rainforest to T-Rex, but it's not bad.

I've had the Gigantosaurus burger and pulled pig sandwich. Both were acceptable, but nothing I'd write home about. The Gigantosaurus burger is huge! It's totally enough to split with another person or two.

It's also a bit on the expensive side, but reasonable compared to Disney fare.
Thank you!

I was thinking of splitting something with DH. So the burger sounds like it would be great.

We do love Rainforest. I'm mainly going for the boys since they love dinos. Hopefully it will be a hit. If not we'll know not to do it again! :blush:

Dopey's Girl
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Went with a 5 and 2 year old. They liked it, but it took a while. It was really loud, and at first both kids were freaked out. The food was ok, but you are paying for the uniqueness factor. I'm glad we went, but don't really need to go again anytime soon!

Terra
01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone :) My oldest has SPD so I'll take his little headphones just in case.

I was thinking that it was probably the atmosphere that is the biggest draw and hoping that the boys like it for that :)

KatrinaJ91
01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
If you like Rainforest Cafe, you'll like T-Rex. We happen to really like both...the food is good, the atmosphere is amazing and it's alot of fun!

Kenny1113
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
It's fun! We took ds10 and DS7 there in Nov. they really enjoyed it. Food was ehh, like rainforest. I had a bruschetta, DH had a chicken wrap (it says it is made from pizza dough...it's a flatbread).

Auroring Good Time
01-20-2012, 01:15 PM
My son and I went last August and really enjoyed it. We had an appetizer, dinner and dessert. I don't remember what we had for dinner but, it was good. We did decide that when we go back again, we would have just an appetizer and dessert. For the appetizer we had the Footprints Flatbread which was delicious and for dessert we had the chocolate extinction which was very good, a cool display and huge. It says it feeds 2. It could feed 4.

luvdiznee
01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Just like Rainforest Cafe, but louder.

Figment1988
01-22-2012, 07:30 PM
the atmosphere, like others have posted is indeed unique in show, and indeed, it's loud at times (more like "if Michael Bay made a dinosaur movie" kind of loud). The food itself is something out of the ordinary when it comes to being more than just good too, it's excellent.