PDA

View Full Version : where to go for better prices on accomodations?

Tinker1111
01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Hello, It has been at least 7 years since I have been to Disney. My cousin is going to take her family in July and I am joining her but need to keep cost down. I would like to stay at Disney property, is there any other sites that would be cheaper:confused: than the Disneyland site?

jodijo
01-17-2012, 04:56 PM
If you are going to Disneyland in CA, I would check the "Good Neighbor" hotels in the area. Some of them have better deals on their websites. If not, you could try calling. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn last year and their website was a lot cheaper than the price listed on the Disneyland website.

Hope that helps!:mickey:

CleveRocks
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Assuming you're talking about Walt Disney World in Florida as opposed to Disneyland in California ...

No, there's really nowhere to find Disney resorts cheaper. Disney tightly controls its inventory, it's not like almost all other hotels.

Your best bet is to contact a Disney-only internet-based travel agency. There are a few of them, and they do ONLY Disney travel. They know all the discounts, all the special rates ... these are available to the general public, but you may not know about them unless you do research. The beauty of this handful of companies is that they know all this stuff and they'll tell you all about it, helping you get the least expensive Disney accommodations available.

eam
01-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure where to check for better prices, but just wanted to say :welcome: to Intercot! You will love it here. (Is it Travelocity that now has WDW hotels on its site? Not sure about Disneyland)
And don't forget about Magical Journeys - one of Intercot's sponsors.

Dopey's Girl
01-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Contact Magical Journeys (Intercot sponsor!). If there is a discount to be had, they will help find it for you!

disneynarula
01-18-2012, 04:33 AM
I agree that MJ is the way to go. I don't ever see WDW resort hotels on other travel discount sites at better rates than the current disney discounts.Your Magical Journeys agent is always aware of the latest discounts.

If you book through WDW directly it is sometimes difficult to get a discount apllied to reservation you already made. It's a lot of phone calls and being on hold.

If you are looking to save money and want to use a money saving internet site you might want to try some of the Downtown Disney hotels. I found some pretty decent deals for those rooms for our extra week in Florida. If you stay at the Hilton you can still take advantage of the extra magic hours.

brownie
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
:welcome:

Tinker1111, welcome to INTERCOT!

I would contact Magical Journeys. If a better discount comes up after you book, they'll work to have it applied to your reservation.

disneymom2000
01-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome to Intercot. As a travel advisor myself, even I book through Magical Journeys when I travel to Disney. They can get a much better deal for me than I can get for myself.

diz_girl
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
You didn't mention how much you plan to spend per night on your hotel. You mention that you want to keep costs down, but that means different things to different people. For example, if you're looking for deluxe accommodations without the price, then try the Swan/Dolphin hotels. If you're looking for a lower price than the Value resorts, then I can't help you. Good luck.

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Occasionally I have seen discounted prices on Expedia for both Disney World and Disneyland, but that is very rare and is probably related to promotional offers already out there for the general public. I agree that your best bet is to either keep an eye on the discounts posted here in the Accommodations forum or let Magical Journeys do the work for you in getting the best deal.

spinnerf
01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
As a non-intercot moderator, non-travel agent, I have to 2nd everyones advice, use a company like Magical Journeys. They will do the work for you and be sure you go for the best price possible. If your are staying on site its the only way to go. Period.