PDA

View Full Version : One Day Car Rental

wendybird
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
We are staying at CSR and want to rent a car for one day in the middle of our stay (Sunday)to take our son to the Kennedy Space Center. I remember something about a car rental place over by MK. Can anyone tell me what company that is and where it it? Will they pick us up and bring us back or do we need a taxi? Is this the best way to get a car for one day? Thanks for any info :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
01-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Alamo and I believe National have locations at the car care center. They will pick you up, but you need to arrange it ahead of time. It may not be the cheapest way to rent, but it's very convenient.

kakn7294
01-17-2012, 08:27 AM
I just did a little research on this last week. This is what I found if you don't want to pay for a taxi:

WDW Car Care Center: Alamo or National - will pick up at your resort by pre-arrangement

Dolphin: Alamo or National - take a bus from any park or boat from Epcot or DHS

Shades of Green: Hertz - can walk from Poly (not a short walk)

3 DTD resort locations that are within walking distance from DTD bus stop (by Christmas store) but not sure how long of a walk:

Buena Vista Palace: National

Hilton: Avis

Wyndham: Dollar

c&d
01-18-2012, 09:08 AM
We rented at DTD, I think it was National. It was the Buena Vista Palace Hotel. We wanted to go see a shuttle landing at Kennedy and when it didn't happen there was no problem keeping the car an extra day.

The reason why we went there was the car care center wanted to charge us $25 for them to pick us up at the resort. I don't know if they still have that pick up charge.

Janmac
01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Some friends rented a car for one day last July. They were at DHS during the day, took the boat to the Dolphin about 3 pm to rent a car before the office closed around 4 pm.

The next evening he dropped his family at FQ after a day at the beach, drove to the Dolphin and left the car with the valet parking and caught a taxi back to FQ.

They were quite satisfied with their experience.

Jan

Auroring Good Time
01-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I have rented from National at the Car Care Center many times and never been charged a pick up fee. I have also rented from Enterprise on International Drive. I called and they picked me up in the morning. I dropped it off the next morning and they dropped me back off at the hotel, no additional charge.