PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP question

phlo8810
01-16-2012, 07:23 PM
We will be there last week of OCT first of NOV. I really want to take the kids the to see the halloween party on halloween. Does anyone know when tix go on sale? and has anyone been there on halloween befor? Is it crazy? How does the trick or treating work in MK? Thanks for any assistance you can give.

wildernesslady
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I believe they go on sale in May. I would avoid the party on Halloween. It is packed. Try to pick a week night instead of a weekend also. Alot of the locals come in then. It is my favorite party.

phlo8810
01-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks. Do they sell the same amount of tix to this as they do the xmas party?

JenniferS.
01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
We just went this past halloween and attended the party on halloween! Yes, it was sold out, but I didn't find it to be that bad for the wait times for rides. We talked to a cm and they said that they only sell I think 17,000 tickets, which is no where near park capacity. As for the trick or treating, there are stations all around MK. You can find them on your map and there is usally a goofy's candy store balloon marking the area. They give a handful of candy at each spot. My kids got TONS by the end of the night. Even the adults can get some! This was our 4th time going to a party and it was cool to be there on halloween, there isn't much else to do besides trick or treating at the hotels.

Pirate Granny
01-17-2012, 07:40 AM
This year they had a party on Nov 1st...

ronandjulie
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
MNSSHP is the absolute best Disney event in my family's opinion. They do it right! The Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes are the best parade and fireworks. We never miss it and my children are teenagers!

phlo8810
01-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Thank you all so much. We have decided to try and get the tix for halloween nite when they come out. Can't wait.

mom2morgan
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
When do tickets typically go on sale?

brivers222
01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
we are going the same time you are... we are hopefully going to 3 parties during our stay (one of them being on Halloween)

Checkers
01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
MNSSHP is the absolute best Disney event in my family's opinion. They do it right! The Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes are the best parade and fireworks. We never miss it and my children are teenagers!

ITA! We love the parade and it is by far the best parade I have ever seen. We will be going at the beginning of the month and just can't wait!

Thanks wilderness lady for the info when tickets go on sale because I was just about to ask that question.

DANAM
01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
A couple years ago when we went my DH gave me the tickets for Mother's Day! So look out for them in early May.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
We went on Halloween night many years ago, before it got as popular as it is now. It was the best night ever! There were no lines for anything...rides, candy etc. Nowadays, after hearing folks talk about how crowded it is, I'm not sure I'd try again, but then again, as I get older my patience level isn't what it used to be!

minnie04
01-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank you all so much. We have decided to try and get the tix for halloween nite when they come out. Can't wait.

We went on Halloween night a couple years back and it was really fun. It was fun watching all the people all dressed up. The park is darker then normal, but thats cool too. The kids liked the candy stations too plenty of candy all night.

I would just make sure to get your tickets early. They do sell out, but the good thing is Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year so you shouldnt have such big crowds.. :mickey:

brivers222
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I am trying to gauge when they will have parties that week... but since halloween is a week day i am guessing that will be the LAST ONE. So maybe FRI, SUN, MON and WED... its too much to hope for a 11/1/12 party right?