PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate would you recommend and why?

julyjewel
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
We are trying a new place to stay this trip. We don't if we want to try Coronado or Caribbean? I would appreacite any feedback. I have heard that the Caribbean is too big but looking at both, they seem to both be good. Thanks!:mickey:

faline
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Both have lovely scenery (with different themes) and both are quite spread out. Personally, I prefer Coronado Springs but I'm a bit biased by a less than perfect experience the last time we stayed at Caribbean Beach. (They left us sitting in the main area for a very long time while they took many others who arrived after us to their rooms; they delivered our luggage to the wrong room and had to find it again; and they did not provide us with the room location we were promised at check-in. We've not been back to this resort since.)

sixshot19
01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Stayed at Caribbean Beach and my sister just got back from there as well, she thought it was great. It is very spread out, but has that all inclusive mexican style resort feel to it.

Lot's of bus stops for each section, and we loved the counter service restaurant, it has several different stations all with different items.

Lot's of fun. And I hear they have pirate themed rooms, although they are probably hard to get.

mom2morgan
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I haven't stayed at either, yet (Carribean Beach booked for September) Port Orleans Riverside is our favourite! - BUT we picked CBR to try because of the theming, mainly. Coronado doesn't personally appeal because it is a convention hotel so I fear (probably wrongly) that it would feel too business oriented, and I don't like the theming, but it has a LOT of fans because it has Queen Size beds and more amenities that CBR has. The only other drawback is that it has kind of a weird food court - basically a counter service place where you are 'seated' and then required to tip.
Have you ruled out the two Port Orleans resorts?

julyjewel
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Our last visit we stayed at POR. You have to leave a tip at the Coronado Springs food court or the Caribbean?

markyv
01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
The Carribean Food Court does not require a tip, and the resort is wonderful. It is quite spread out, but then again so is Coranado. I have stayed at Caribbean several times, and I highly recommend it.

julyjewel
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I think I am leaning towards CBR!

buzznwoodysmom
01-16-2012, 07:34 PM
We have stayed at all the moderate resorts. We enjoyed both CBR and CSR, but if I had to pick out of the two I'm pretty sure we'd go with CBR. Its the only moderate resort we've stayed at twice, and if I gave my kids the option they'd pick CBR hands down. I know that CBR is a bit larger than CSR, but both are very spread out. You should probably pick which theme you like more, a Caribbean theme or a Mexican theme.

garymacd
01-16-2012, 09:55 PM
OUr moderate resort of choice is French Quarter. We love the theme, the size, the jazz music, the dragon in the pool, the gardens, the beignets.

A close second is Riverside. Same reasons. The reason it gets second place is the size and no beignets at the food court.

btharvey
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
A close second is Riverside. Same reasons. The reason it gets second place is the size and no beignets at the food court.
Oh gee, you could always walk 10 minutes for the beignets. Probably should, since it is dough, fat, and lots and lots of sugar! :cloud9:

Seriously, We've stayed at CS, CB, POFQ and eaten at POR and we like the Port Orleans the best, either one. Coronado Springs has the fascinating Pepper Market, true, but the bars do tend more toward business visitors. The pathways are generally empty, and the convention area is much off to the side, so when they're in gear, they don't interfere with much.

We did not enjoy our CB stay ... our housekeeper was the only bright spot (my DD brought about 50 of her stuffed animals, and each day we'd return to a different scene played out across the room, from 'story time' to 'water slide' to ... one little stuffed kitten dragging the toilet paper all across the room). While this was wonderful, they lost our luggage, lost our room reservation, our keys stopped working, twice, and we only got one smile out of one Cast Member, and that was when leaving. Luck of the draw, I know, but we haven't had that experience anywhere else.

Go POR or POFQ ... you'll like it!

garymacd
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh gee, you could always walk 10 minutes for the beignets.

10 minutes? Ten minutes! Are you crazy?

Wait a second...

If I walk there and back and do it again, I could have twice as many beignets!

Hooray!

AmandaChan
01-18-2012, 01:24 AM
I only have experience with POFQ and CBR. Resort wise, I loved POFQ the best. I love the size of it, the grounds, the scenery, the boatride to DTD, the jazz bar area, the service. Bus wise, we had a better experience with CBR. POFQ is so far away from everything and by the time we made it over to POR and around that entire resort it took us 30 min to get anywhere at any given time. CBR busses, I will admit were awesome for us. Even though there are multiple stops you speed right by them and if the bus is full then you won't expect to stop at each one. CBR seemed to be a lot closer to the parks and it seemed like we were constantly rushing after a bus. Resort wise, CBR was nice. The bldgs were cute. Mousekeeping was seriously not so great and I even complained to the mngr about one of them being extremely rude on the phone to me for NO REASON. We stayed in Aruba, which is near the bridge and probably closer than any of the other bldgs to the main area with the exception of martinique and the others that are next door to it.