PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/17/2011 - Day 9

brivers222
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Previously on OVMDC
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188326

Agenda: Epcot, Garden Grill, Narcoosee, MK

Photos to go along with story: http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon9

Today was another all day Epcot day as it takes so long to be able to visit everything. We originally had a breakfast scheduled at the Captains Grill but decided to cancel it to give us some sleeping in time as lunch wasn’t until 3:15pm at the garden grill. Now this puts us at +3 on the TS credits now so we have to figure out a creative way to use them with only 1-1/2 days left.
On our way to the international gateway the aroma of the Boardwalk bakery tickled our sense of smell. Why not share a CS meal here and then use some of our bagillion snack credits here. So we got a Turkey/bacon sandwich with diet coke, cucumber salad and the most delicious carrot cake I have ever tasted. YO! Got a banana and a fuse using snacks. This meal hit the spot and is a very decent quick fix for food. After about 20mins of sitting, eating and taking in the boardwalk views we hit the wood and headed on over to the international gateway.

Now I have heard so much about these KimPossible mission that I thought it would be fun to try it out. So we headed on over to the booth at the junction between the bridge to france and the walkway to England. Supposedly its pretty popular as we were given a card (fastpass style) and said to return over near norway about 2 hours later.
*** Side Note ***
Now up until today I was using just a 20mm-55mm lens, so I really wanted to try out my 300mm lens (I call it the sniper lens) in the day light because I wouldn’t have to worry about holding it so steady. So just as a disclaimer, all the character shot you will see in this album are all taken from a rather safe distance away. No, I did not interfere with the characters greeting guests. I was very unobtrusive.

And now back to the story… We did a u-turn and headed towards France to make our way through the countries. This was nice during the day because you got to see some of the intricate details on the building and stuff. Not to mention all the Santa claus figures from each of the countries were out talking about the native traditions.

After pausing to meet bell, tour morocco and take some sniper shots of my dear snow white (line was yet again closed, just NO LUCK) we made it to Norway to get our transmitter to start our mission.
I have to say that these missions are an EXCELLENT way to explore the inner aspects of each country. Our first mission was China and frankly I never knew half the stuff existed back there because I never wanted to take the time to learn about it. My only complaint about the transmitter is that there didn’t seem to be a way to turn it down. It was SO loud in the fallen soldier memorial area, UGH! We explored all the way and found the monkey statue hidden in the pond… Interesting. We decided to do one more mission (England this time) so into my pocket the transmitter went. YO! and I were joking around not paying attention when we looked up and there was this girl all dressed up in Chinese wardrobe right in front of us… we almost ran into her. But just before contact happened all three of us looked up and the lady spoke, “CONGRATULATIONS!” haha it was Mulan! Holy personal character meeting lol
I once again decided to snap some cool shots of snow white so we paused again for a few minutes while I fired away. Now it only seemed like a few minutes to me, but it must have been longer because the transmitter reset and we had to start it all over. Meaning it did the whole super loud explanation of how to use it and played that music… now this time I embraced the loud music and put the device in the pocket in my shirt, for now I had theme music to get me to England! Thankfully it stopped as we were passing by Jasmine and Aladdin so I could take some pictures of them. Then next up was Maria (I love white kitties) followed by Mary Poppins and finally Alice in wonderland…who, by the way, was looking very attractive today. I just have to get by the fact that she reminds me of Clare from LOST lol.

We did all the things the transmitter asked us to day and found our way in the very back where Englands version of saint nick was telling his story. YO! went over and watched him while I did my best to complete the tasks to rid ourselves of the theme music for next up is Garden Grill! Would I do the Kim Possible thing again on a future visit? Yeah, I think I would for at least one mission!

Garden Grill delivered great locally grown food and awesome character interaction. We saw each of the characters several times and even got to tell Chip and Dale that we have their cousin living under our deck. We told them that we will take care of him as long as they tell him to stop eating our tulip bulbs! On top of the apple crisp dessert we got a double layer chocolate cake which was delicious but very rich. Now in order to book this early Garden Grill ADR we had to get the Candlelight Processional package, but we had tons of TS credits to spare. In fact after this trip we gained another 2 because the waiter decided as a special treat he wouldn’t charge us for 2TS each… So now we are +4 on the TS credits.. ugh

We stayed around Epcot for the rest of the night until about 8pm when we decided it was time to head back to Boadwalk and claim our car from Valet. After the bus fiasco going from AKL to AK I refused to allow my precious time be relied on by Disney transportation so we took the car to the Grand Floridian (15min car ride) and valet’d there. When you come in from this entrance you are greeted with the two small trees on either side framing out a partial view of the large tree. This tree is literally 4-5 stories high, its huge! And slightly smaller is the Gingerbread house wow the place smelled so good! Neither of us had ever been to Narcoosee so we had to ask direction on just how to find our way. We arrived and checked in just in time to see the last bit of the Electric water pagent. Always a treat and never gets old. Once it was over we went back inside. I like the blowers on the doors that keep the bugs out ☺

We waited a bit longer then our ADR, I would say about maybe 20mins…which wasn’t bad because fireworks were scheduled for 10pm and either way we could see them. Now this dinner was well worth the wait. YO! told me after the fact that this was the only place to get her steak done exactly as she had asked them too. Now, she didn’t complain at the others, but she did note that this is her favorite place outside of Yachtsman Steakhouse for steak. For drinks outside of the dining I had a red wine and she had a glass of ice wine. With our deluxe dining plan we had Lobster roll and cheese plate for appetizer, Surf&Turf for me and Filet for her as entrée, Crème Brulee for me and Almond Cheesecake for dessert. If you are wanting to sample one dessert there, please try the almond cheesecake, it was fabulous! But wait there is more.. we got some sort of white chocolate cookie Congratulations dessert, and yes the sign was edible ☺

One negative aspect of the restaurant was during the fireworks. We had prime front row seats, which were amazing until everyone lined up outside and your view was practically reduced to armpit gaps. This is not really with the restaurant moreso with the people lined up outside. They didn’t need to stand there was seats everywhere. Now granted we all pay the same amount for the seats there so its not like we had any special right to see, but sometimes in common courtesy to the guests behind you.

After dinner we jumped on the boat and headed over to MK which was open until midnight giving us about 45mins in the parks. Just enough time for me to try out my tripod and take shots of the castle lit up with the Partners statue in front. I apologize for the amount of what seems to be the same shots but I was trying different features on the camera.
It was then bed time and time to hit the hay for our last full day on our DISNEYmoon.
To Be Continued…

faline
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
More excellent dining! Perhaps we'll try one of the Kim:Possible missions at some point.

It's not just Narcosee's patrons that flock to the deck around the restaurant during the fireworks - other passersby head there as well.

brivers222
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
i figured as much...although the dude right in front of me was actually a person that was dining just before us. He was seated out there right up until it was about to start. Then stood up (no one infront of him mind you) everyone in our line of site in the restaurant was yelling (not like he could hear us) and then others were pounding on the glass saying sit down. I did get cheers because the guy would pompously look back in through the glass and smile... each time my flash would seem to go off right in his face ;) IDK what happened it only seemed to go off when he peered back in mocking us :secret:

yjgirl32
01-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Great report- Loved Narcoosee's! We got lucky enough to be going back to Mk on the boat when the fireworks went off and they stopped the boat so we could watch!!!

TinkerbellT421
01-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Exellent report as always! Thanks for sharing :mickey: Such wonderful reviews on the restaraunts, some of these we have yet to try and have to make it a point one of these days to put on our "haven't done yet let's do it" list lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Certainly eating some fine meals, thanks for the report