PDA

View Full Version : New Television Channels @ Disney

Tink1
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Just got back from WDW. There was a paper left in my room that as of January 13th the following stations would be added to their cable.

Fox News
Bravo
AMC
National Geographic
TBS
TNT
Travel Channel
WE TV
SyFy
Discovery
Bio
HGTV
TLC
History
Food Network
TVLand

Channel 17 will have a listing of the channels available.

Nanc

Dopey's Girl
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah! I'm a total night owl, and love curling up with the clicker to unwind after a long day in the parks. It was always a huge problem finding something to watch. Do I watch resort tv, or the DVC, or soapnet. Not always the most entertaining, so this is good news!

DizneyRox
01-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Now, if they had a counter service location at Kidani, I wouldn't need to leave...

AgentC
01-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I am not sure what it says about me that I am totally excited by this news.

Tink1
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM
I am not sure what it says about me that I am totally excited by this news.

I was as well

which was why I took the paper to report it here!

I knew others would be happy as well.

Nanc

Maleficent_vf
01-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I think I'm going to voice the dessenting opinion here. :( As much as I sometimes look for something to watch after a long day at the parks, I'm not there to watch basic cable...I can do that at home. If they must add channels, I'd rather see Disney stuff that you can't see anywhere else - classic Disney live action movies, classic Disney TV, Disney shorts, etc. instead.

Butters
01-16-2012, 08:10 AM
I think I'm going to voice the dessenting opinion here. :( As much as I sometimes look for something to watch after a long day at the parks, I'm not there to watch basic cable...I can do that at home. If they must add channels, I'd rather see Disney stuff that you can't see anywhere else - classic Disney live action movies, classic Disney TV, Disney shorts, etc. instead.

I completely agree, what better way to keep the feeling of leaving the real world behind than to have all classic Disney films. I try to avoid cable like the plague while at Disney... the news is so depressing lately this is my week to forget about the outside world.

BrerGnat
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Well, it's about time!

While I don't tend to watch much (if any) t.v. on my Disney vacations, I think it's nice that the option is there.

People get sick on vacation. Sometimes, the weather is horrible. At least there will be more options for in room entertainment for those instances where people find themselves stuck in the rooms.

Not everyone spends all day and night at the parks. When we travel with our kids, we are never out past 9pm.

I don't really understand why anyone would have a problem with this. You don't have to turn on the t.v.

TheVBs
01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm sure many people will appreciate a little more variety! I don't think we ever even turn on the TV while we're there. We're too busy getting ready in the morning and we're out like lights when we get back!:blush:

elmjimmlm
01-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I think a lot of people will like this but my ? is will they bring back the channel that has the Disney short cartoons? That was the best channel there!:thumbsup:

sonamae80
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Awesome!!! So glad Food Network is going to be offered! My Mom and I love that channel and usually have it on as background noise when we are at home! ;)

coloradowendyl
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Such good news...now I will not be totally hostage to ESPN and Sports Center when I am there with my husband!

Goofster
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I think a lot of people will like this but my ? is will they bring back the channel that has the Disney short cartoons? That was the best channel there!:thumbsup:

I didn't know that one was gone! :(

Hammer
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Just got back from WDW. There was a paper left in my room that as of January 13th the following stations would be added to their cable.

Fox News
Bravo
AMC
National Geographic
TBS
TNT
Travel Channel
WE TV
SyFy
Discovery
Bio
HGTV
TLC
History
Foor Network
TVLand

Channel 17 will have a listing of the channels available.

Nanc

Very happy about the addition of TBS,TNT, HGTV, Bravo and Food Network! It was such a pain to find a place to watch the MLB playoffs on TBS when we are there in October for F&W without going to the crowded ESPN Club. I prefer to watch my sports in the privacy of my hotel room where I can scream at the TV :blush: !

People get sick on vacation. Sometimes, the weather is horrible. At least there will be more options for in room entertainment for those instances where people find themselves stuck in the rooms.

Not everyone spends all day and night at the parks. When we travel with our kids, we are never out past 9pm.

I don't really understand why anyone would have a problem with this. You don't have to turn on the t.v.

I agree :thumbsup: ! My Mom does not always go to the parks with my sister and I during the day and hangs out in our DVC 2 bedroom villa. After Morning Joe is done on MSNBC (we don't watch the evening MSNBC shows or CNN or Fox News at any time), she had nothing on she liked to watch. Now, she can put on Food Network or TNT for Law and Order and have something to watch. I can watch HGTV and my sister can watch Bravo.

magicofdisney
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm happy. We just needed a little bit more variety at night and now we have it.

However, I'm still heartbroken over the loss of channel 96 (classic Disney cartoons).

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
The new line-up looks great. Now if they would just tone down the volume on the "wake-up" channel the TV defaults to in the morning, I would be a happy camper. :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
01-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Me too! Bring back the classic cartoons!

Mousemates
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
yay for the new channels...we usually like to wind down after a day in the parks with a little something on the TV and most of our favored programming is on the history and discovery channels...so this is good for us...though I must admit a disney cartoon channel would be preferred over any of the new offerings.

Disneywarrior
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Glad to see the addition of more channels. Not that we watch a lot of Tv on vacation, it is just nice to watch a little before going to bed. But, BRING BACK THE CLASSIC DISNEY CARTOONS!!

dulyjs
01-30-2012, 09:31 PM
People get sick on vacation.

Yeah, that was me last time down. (Stupid Moroccan food!) I would have liked to have had Nat Geo, Discovery, Bio, TLC or History Channel while I was stuck in the room. The same highlights over and over again on ESPN got old after a while.

sainter
02-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Such good news...now I will not be totally hostage to ESPN and Sports Center when I am there with my husband!

So funny!! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!