PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/16/2011 - Day 8

brivers222
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Previously on OVMDC
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188282

Agenda: Cape May Bfast, LeCellier Lunch, Via Napoli Dinner

Photos to go along with story: http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon8
We once again had our alarms set to give us ample time to get to Beach Club, but the previous days were beginning to catch up to us. We missed the boat, literally, but that might be for the best because I never did figure out what route either actually took. So we walked around by swan/Dolphin to get to the meal. Now we figured it out the very last day that had we just went right and crossed by the international gate way it would have been FASTER. Hindshight is 20/20 and this is a prime example. Despite checking in about 12mins late we were seated rather quickly. Cape May is really a pretty nice looking restaurant…thankfully the fish smell from the clam bakes and night were not apparent at breakfast. The food is well just as very other u-serve breakfast buffet so same offerings. There was a few different items but nothing I really wanted to sample. We were both there for the characters ☺ They did not dissapoint, Goofey, Minnie and Donald all in their swim wear graced our table while spending ample time with us. The character interaction is very flattering considering we are in our late 20’s and mid 30’s , yet they spend so much time with us. Our server ended our breakfast with yet another cupcake, only this time chocolate. I know it’s a nice gesture, but they are so tasteless. I feel bad not eating it, but really after all the food to make room for the cupcake is a waste.

We discussed what we wanted to do for the day as we had lunch at LeCellier. I was super excited for this place as I have been trying for 8 years to get it and never could get a reservation. We realized it was 2TS a piece but I couldn’t get a lunch ADR for the life of me. Not to mention we had a ton of credits to use still. As we barely made it up we decided to head back to the room to rest a bit. I took this chance to bring YO! Into the DVC rooms they had on display. This CM was way less pushy about joining and doing a tour and actually listed to me when I said I was a former DVC SSR owner before…and I was all into it. My Michigan License plate was DVC SSR, had the shirt and the hats…but I lost it in the Divorce (but I digress this is a new honeymoon!) I just wanted to show YO! The rooms to get her a better idea of what they look like. The are as big as my Parents BlueGreen “Fountains” (which will be our next two trips before joining DVC in 2014) but they are decorated differently. She was drawn to the Jacuzzi (aren’t we all) so Now I know I need at least 240 points so that we can get a 1bdrm for a week ;) We thanked the CM and went back to the room and rested for about 2 hours. YO! Slept and I took advantage of the free deluxe wifi to upload pictures.

Feeling energized we headed over to the international gateway to get our epcot day started. We made our way past lines for Mary Poppins and Alice who I must say was rather attractive looking. She may have been one of the prettiest face characters I had met outside of Rapunzel. Any who we walked on by and paused for a minute at “Gary’s Column” which until recently I had no idea what that really was, so no pictures. But you better believe I will have pictures of it on our next trips!! Now the fun started, I went online and got the phone numbers for the phone booths there. LoL I literally had a blast making phone calls and talking to people. I do say though, I need to get me a british accent to sound believeable. But I did manage to talk to a few people and even over heard the little girl telling her mom that it wasn’t a recording…it was a real person calling LOL!

Okay okay 20+ calls was enough, we have an amazing lunch to get to in Canada! This was the one place we actually arrived early to because we were excited. I can say for me I was giddy like a child on Christmas, am I really eating at LeCellier?!? I made sure I took ample pictures of the food we ate and the receipt so that you can see what we ordered. I will say the pretzel bread was to die for! OMG I think I will be getting some at the F&W event in oct if I can’t get an ADR. The steak was done perfectly for me and the crème brulee… oh the crème brulee!!! It wasn’t just standard vanilla, it was MAPLE flavored! For a special treat we decided to go above the dining plan again and get the ICE wine flight to celebrate the ADR. It was so good a very nice treat for your taste buds. LeCellier definitely gets my two thumbs up and, god willing, will be a regular visit!

By the time we ended it started to get dark so we had a choice, back through England to visit the worlds or head over to Soarin, the land and the sea. A quick look at the times on my app and it was decided to Soarin we go! As we were walking by the HGTV section (not sure what that is really) we met another honeymooning couple.. We chatted for a good 20mins until we parted because they had to get to their lecellier dinner ADR. I wanted to capture a picture of the tiles leading up the land so I set my camera on a longer shutter so that I could get as much light as possible… Well a soarin worker managed to jump in the pic and pose, just not long enough to not be blurry lol. When we got up to the line we noticed that for a second time the app was wrong, I didn’t want to spend 40mins in line for this ride… so we went on the zero wait LAND which is a nice touch because we will be eating at the garden grill for lunch tomorrow.
Next up was a trip under the sea via clam shells. Its nice at the time of year we go there is never a wait. So all we do is ride the shells and then head out. Sometime we might check out all the stuff in there but for the time being the ride “down” and then watching the ‘gulls outside are enough for us ☺

While walking to mexico we paused for a few Photopass shots in front of the tree. Last year we never did go on the Gran Fiesta Tour so we thought this would be the perfect time… our boat was a fun one, we had what I thought were coaches for LSU football but I cant confirm or deny that as I don’t follow football. But we all had a blast in there pointing out Donald… I think they had a few maragritas but it was all in good fun ☺ We shopped a bit and found a nice jimney cricket glass figurine for her step-mom.
Now we had to head over to Italy because our ADR was quickly approaching for Via Napoli. Now when I say quickly I mean quickly… neither of us had any amount of opening in our stomachs lol. Needless-to-say, it was a slow walk. Snow White was out by the well but the line was closed. This annoyed me because the sign said 7:30 was her last appearance and it was literally 7:45pm. So instead I took “many” pictures of her. I would like to note that this was not the best snow white face character and actually I wasn’t too upset not meeting her. I did feel bad because she obviously had a cold because every 3 seconds she would turn away from the child and cough..coming back to say, “excuse me!” I would hope that was the reason the line was closed 15mins after it opened.
Okay we still had about 40mins before our dinner so it was a perfect opportunity to take some night shots of italy. Seeing how that didn’t take nearly enough time we headed over to japan to just sit in the back and people watch. While his was a successful time passing activity it surely didn’t help make us any less full from LeCellier. But we trudged along and got in the Check-in line. We already had made up our minds that we would just share a TS meal here because there is no way we could each eat a pizza. Well that was our plan anyways, until our not so friendly waitress informed us that by no way possible would be allowed to share a meal. Seriously? Well that solved that we just ordered a small cheese pizza and was done with it. The price ended up being probably right around what we would have paid in taxes on the Dining plan…So it might have worked out better. Except now we are definitely +1 on the meal credits with really no available time to make it up.

I believe I forgot to mention that this was an EMH night for Epcot so we still had a good 2 hours left of park time. Perfect for having your hotel attached to the theme park ☺ On the agenda now was a collection of YO!s firsts… Test track and try number 2 at Soarin’.

I can’t really judge how YO! Feels about test track. She never really said she would go on it again and never did say, “Hey lets do test track again!” I think I will force her on it in October because I really do like that ride. Granted they are re-imagining it right now so it will be a different sorta ride come our next visit. I like it because I design wire harnesses for Chryslers so its pretty cool to see other companies items. No, I am not a spy! In fact I would never spy for Chrysler by looking at GMs haha j/king

This was YO!s first time on soarin and I must say, I think she liked it. She didn’t have the totally blew me away look but you could tell she wouldn’t mind going on it again. I think part of the problem was that we really didn’t a chance to ask to be held back so we could get in the first row so we could be up top. The interactive games they have while in line seems like its already broken. Nothing really worked liked it was supposed to.

If you are wondering about mission space, don’t. we didn’t go on it this trip. I love the feeling of the takeoff but I found that when we fly I get that same rush so I don’t necessarily need to go on the ride ;)
It has been another long day so we wandered back to the Boardwalk and fell into our bed.

To be continued….

cer
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much for your trip reports! I know it takes a lot of time and energy to write them, but I do so enjoy reading about your trip.

I am so happy that you got into LeCellier and enjoyed it. And neat that Adrianne was able to have her first trip on Soarin'!

I know you went to WDW for an engagement celebration trip, is your honeymoon your second trip to the world together? -just curious...

faline
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
What a lot of dining! No wonder you were too full for dinner! Not allowed to share a meal - particularly a pizza?? That's very odd!

mouseketeer mom
01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
We will be at Le Cellier for lunch in 2 wks! Were the fries (pic #79) a side dish you could order along with your steak or was that an appetizer? They look great!

brivers222
01-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you so much for your trip reports! I know it takes a lot of time and energy to write them, but I do so enjoy reading about your trip.

I am so happy that you got into LeCellier and enjoyed it. And neat that Adrianne was able to have her first trip on Soarin'!

I know you went to WDW for an engagement celebration trip, is your honeymoon your second trip to the world together? -just curious...

Aww thank you! yeah this time is really finding it tough to get some free time for my thoughts... I wrote my engagement ones during work because we are usually dead between end of Oct and Jan (auto industry down time)... Right now work is kicking in high gear!

Yes this was our 2nd trip together... we had both been before separately though.

***spoiler alert*** we are already planning an October 2012 trip with her and her aunt (first time in like 20 years for her aunt) so another pre-trip report will be created lol and then we are having a family reunion in Dec of 2013 with my parents, sister, sisters, BF and then the adriannes aunt again. Then hopefully in 2014 we will buy back into DVC (which i had to lose in my divorce) so we can keep going and stay onsite ;)

What a lot of dining! No wonder you were too full for dinner! Not allowed to share a meal - particularly a pizza?? That's very odd!

Yeah we thought so too... i think with a small cheese pizza we actually left 2 pieces and that didn't include an App and Dessert.

We will be at Le Cellier for lunch in 2 wks! Were the fries (pic #79) a side dish you could order along with your steak or was that an appetizer? They look great!

Oh sorry I forgot I didn't really have a description. Those were poutine and they were an additional cost. I tried to get it with the steak instead of my potato or even as an appetizer but they wouldn't let me.

The ones you will get at lunch will be more of a gravy style on to the pre-cut fries. The waitress said for dinner they hand cut all the fries and use a different sauce on them.

Personally after going to Windsor Spitfire games a lot I think i would prefer the thicker gravy fries over the ones we had.

yjgirl32
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

TinkerbellT421
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Very strange that your not so friendly waitress said you couldn't share a pizza! That would have made me blow lol I am very impatient with things like that :mad:, it's the Italian in me :blush:.

I didn't hear you say you went to "Talk with Crush"??? That's my favorite thing to do after going on the Clam-mobiles!

Great trip report again! :mickey:

brivers222
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Very strange that your not so friendly waitress said you couldn't share a pizza! That would have made me blow lol I am very impatient with things like that :mad:, it's the Italian in me :blush:.

I didn't hear you say you went to "Talk with Crush"??? That's my favorite thing to do after going on the Clam-mobiles!

Great trip report again! :mickey:

****! i knew we forgot something!!!! we went to the laugh floor for the first time and it reminded me of talking with crush... but i forgot about it when the time came.

Next trip FOR SURE!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
thanks for the report, Love that maple creme brulee