PDA

View Full Version : The last thing I forgot was...

SandmanGStefani24
01-14-2012, 02:56 AM
About two weeks away from my next trip!

And while doing some planning figured I would help my fellow Intercotees and start a post that might help those planning or getting ready to go. Have done well the last few trips...but two trips ago I forgot clothes to sleep in! D'oh! The trip before that I forgot a hairbrush. Thankfully I usually wear hats hehe...

What did YOU forget last trip?

mom2morgan
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
About two weeks away from my next trip!

And while doing some planning figured I would help my fellow Intercotees and start a post that might help those planning or getting ready to go. Have done well the last few trips...but two trips ago I forgot clothes to sleep in! D'oh! The trip before that I forgot a hairbrush. Thankfully I usually wear hats hehe...

What did YOU forget last trip?

It was December, and I forgot sun block, of all things! We had to buy it in the parks, and didn't have much selection - so it was REALLY expensive AND gave my daughter an allergic reaction.

divinedi
01-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Body lotion! I have very dry skin, use it every day, and thought I packed it.....was body wash instead! I'm highly sensitive too, so just off the shelf doesn't always work, but I bought the Bath Aquatics body lotion, very nice stuff and very light fresh scent, and it worked!! Have never forgotten again though!

jillluvsdisney
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I seem to have a thing about phones and WDW.
One trip, I forgot it on my coffee table at home.:mad: There was a trip that I remembered the phone, the cord charger but not the wall adaptor. That resulted in a dead phone for 9 days. This last trip, I had just gotten thru security at MKE and realized my phone was in the car. I RAN back to get it and thankfully had time because I always get to the airport early. My Dad also forgot 2 prescrptions that same trip which resulted in a side trip to CVS in Kissimmee. My Mom has had a Disney gift card in her wallet for 2 years she keeps forgetting to use. That'll be the 1rst thing out of her wallet in February.

A Big Kid
01-14-2012, 05:58 PM
My night light. It saves busted toes for those middle of the night trips to the loo, my darling.

SandmanGStefani24
01-14-2012, 11:56 PM
It was December, and I forgot sun block, of all things! We had to buy it in the parks, and didn't have much selection - so it was REALLY expensive AND gave my daughter an allergic reaction.

I didn't forget sunblock, but the Mrs bought me a large bottle that didn't make it past airport security. i then had to shell out $11 for a tiny bottle at MK. Holy Cow! I didn't say anything and smiled the whole time while paying as I'm sure the CMs have to hear plenty of gripes all day/

beksy
01-15-2012, 08:00 AM
On one trip I forgot the aloe vera lotion because, while I am really good at remembering the suntan lotion when packing, I am really bad at remembering to put it on! :blush: On our last trip I forgot the lotion. I don't use the same kind as Mom and while I had mine, Mom's was left on her bathroom sink. Chapstick is also something I forget to pack nearly every trip.

Kenny1113
01-15-2012, 08:48 AM
In the years before I did LASIK I used to ALWAYS forget something related to my contacts. They were gas permeable and I had to take them out every night. I would forget either the case, the cleaner or the solution, or my glasses! Inevitably I would have to make a trip to the drug store (and hope that they carried the solution I used. )
Thank goodness, with LASIK this is no longer an issue.

Like a previous poster said, I usually end up forgetting the phone charger. But mine is the reverse. I usually leave it in the hotel and have to buy one when I get back home!!!!

jennbunn
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Sunblock and cough medicine. All star sports gift shop made a ton of $ from me :)

Dream'nDisney
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
I usually bring a small portion of all over-the-counter meds we might need in case someone gets ill with a stomach ache, head ache, head cold, get a bug bite, etc. The one thing I didn't think to bring in the past was a thermometer. My DD came down with something the second night of our last stay. I could tell she had a fever, but wanted to know exactly how warm she was. It was midnight. I called the front desk to see if they had one. They didn't, but said they would send a castmember into the gift shop and give it to me and put it on my bill (since the cash register wasn't available). I was so grateful.... and it never showed up on my bill. Luckily, I had enough Mucinex and Advil to help my DD's symptoms over the next few days and her illness seemed to go away after that. Whew.

ColleenMcD
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Socks, Pajamas and Hair Brushes...

It doesn't matter how many lists I make, or how many times I go through the bags before going those are the 3 things I ALWAYS forget for SOMEONE!

On my honeymoon, my husband forgot to pack underwear and we ended up buying boxer shorts in a gift shop in Canada! And I had packed an entire bag of brand new socks for him, but none for me!

My DD6 went without pajamas on our last family trip...luckily she doesn't mind sleeping in her Tshirts!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
PJs
Enough Socks
Tampons and Pads for my not so predictable cycle.

AllDisney
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Hair conditioner. I hate washing my hair and pulling it out after because the shampoo really doesn't have enough conditioner in it for me:(

LudwigVonDrake
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I've forgotten my tooth brush and once I forogt my razor and I bought disposable razors from the gift shop. NEVER AGAIN! :(

MissMaryPoppins
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
This past summer I forgot my shower puff. This was a major catastrophe for me. We were staying at old key west, so after dinner at Olivia's I went to the general store and discovered they aren't sold there. I was surprised because years ago I remember buying one there that was shaped like Mickey's head. I learned my lesson that weekend though!

AgentC
01-20-2012, 07:26 AM
One trip I forgot my camera and had to use my cell phone camera the whole trip. Of course after that I wondered why I even use the camera, so now I use my cell and my husband uses the camera and we have tons of photos.:D

kcrc
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
My fan/spray bottle thing... though only an issue for us in the summer months.

A thermometer - as another posted mentioned above.

Bug spray - not usually an issue, unless you go to something like the campfire/movie at Fort Wilderness.

Disney Visa Rewards card (if you have one - bugged me the one time I had it fully loaded... and sitting on my kitchen counter at home)

AAA card - I usually take everything out of our wallets - especially if we're using disney transportation everywhere. But have learned to keep this one in in case it can help with a discount.

At least one of your medical insurance cards, just in case someone gets sick and has to go to the doctor.