PDA

View Full Version : traveling with toddlers

deedeenmickey
01-13-2012, 03:52 PM
This will be our first time traveling with toddlers to WDW. They will be 1yo and 2yo. How do the fast passes for the character meet and greets work? We normally don't see the characters but we will this time. Do you wait in the standby line and as long as people are in the fast pass line you never get to go? That hardly seems like it would work too well. I am just concerned about the kids getting tired of waiting. Does everyone in the party have to have a fastpass even the toddlers? We are doing some character buffets to see most of the characters. CP, H&V, and maybe Chef Mickeys.

Joannelet
01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
No both lines will move just fastpass moves through faster. With little ones I would use the fastpasses. You only need fastpasses for whomever has a park ticket. Therefore your one and 2 year old do not need a fastpass. We were there in May with my 2 year old and did the fastpass for meeting mickey and minnie...it went through so fast. It was perfect! The other lines if they were short we waited. Other longer lines were hard but my hubby and I would take turns keeping my son occupied. Have a great time!

Buttercup
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Only the adults need fast passes. Kids under 3 years old don't need a fast pass, because it's presumed they'll be accompanied by an adult who DOES have a fast pass. So your kids don't need them! Just you do.
That goes for all rides too -- not just the character meet & greets. Only people with park tickets can get fast passes (so not kids under 3) but don't worry. If you get a fast pass for Winnie the Pooh or Buzz Lightyear, your kids get to go in the fastpass line with you!

The standby line just doesn't move as quickly as the fastpass line, but everyone gets to meet the characters!
It might just go like this:
10 fastpass people go in... 5 standby people go in... 10 fastpass people go in... 5 standby people go in... and so on.

So the fastpass line ends up moving people in more quickly than the standby line. But don't worry, you'll get in!