PDA

View Full Version : JellyRolls and Atlantic Dance

DVC2004
01-13-2012, 09:58 AM
We'll be on an adults only trip in early Feb, staying at BW one night prior to the Disnet Cruise. I have never been to either of these places because we almost always have the kids with us. The plan is to go to dinner (still deciding) and then try one or both. I know Jellyrolls is dueling pianos and I wondered how that is- and is there a cover charge or drink minimum order?

I know nothing of Atlantic Dance.Is this a typical dance club with pop music? Would this be a place for a couple in their mid and late thirties or would we be the oldest ones there?

Ian
01-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Jellyrolls can be a blast if you're there with the right folks. It's an INTERCOT favorite whenever we have meets down there. :thumbsup:

Scar
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I've never been to either, but I think there is a cover at both. I know a couple of years ago the music at the dance hall was typical club music a few nights and Latin a few nights. Not sure if it still is.

BWayGrl
01-13-2012, 05:57 PM
JellyRolls is so much fun! The pianists are really funny, and they play great songs that everyone can sing along to. When I was there in December the cover was $10. I don't know if it matters, but I was there on a Wednesday or Thursday night. No drink minimum order - I only had one when I was there.

I've never been to Atlantic Dance, but I've been wanting to go. I peeked in one time when I was there in August a few years back, and it looked dead inside. Again, it could have been the middle of the week and less busy.

Auroring Good Time
01-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Atlantic Dance Club is a fun dance club. It is high energy music fun if you like to dance. I don't recall if there is a cover charge. Jelly Rolls is a lot of fun. It is a dueling piano bar and everyone seems to get involved. Of course, it depends on your mix of people. We have been there many times and always have fun, more fun sometimes than others. There is a cover charge but I believe it is worth it.

pamickeys
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
cover at Jelly, no cover at Atlantic. If you are in your 30's you will fit right in, but check your schedule they are not open 7 days a week.

phlo8810
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Never been to Atlantic Dance Hall but Jellyrolls is the absolute best bar in WDW. We always have so much fun there. We stay at BWV at least once a year so we are very familiar with it. The cover is not ridiculous and I found the prices at the bar to be same as home(philly).

DVC2004
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks- we'll definitely plan to do Jellyrolls! We'll look into Atlantic Dance as a maybe. Sounds like it will be a fun time!