PDA

View Full Version : Garden view at por queen beds not guaranteed?

special ed teacher
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I have a room booked at POR in garden view that stated queen beds. I have been reading that they are not giving these at check in. I booked in these rooms for queen beds. What can I do if they do not honor this at check in?

CleveRocks
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I have a room booked at POR in garden view that stated queen beds. I have been reading that they are not giving these at check in. I booked in these rooms for queen beds. What can I do if they do not honor this at check in?

Queen beds are standard at that resort. You couldn't possible have booked a "queen bed" room. You booked a room. It would be kind of like booking a room with a TV ... all rooms have a TV.

The only other bedding situation would be one king bed. But that is a separate booking category that is more expensive than a standard (queen bed) room, so you don't have to worry about that.

special ed teacher
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Por is not all queens yet. Most are double until they are redone. I booked the garden because sight said garden were queen.

Patricia
01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
So far only a few buildings have queen beds and these are not all garden view. As of right now, Alligator Bayou buildings 14, 36, 37, 38, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace mansion buildings have been renovated.

I would call and ask them to put a request for queen beds (or a particular building) on your reservation noting that it was in the description when you booked.. Even at that, it may be iffy. This error has been changed on the website, all Garden room descriptions now say 2 double beds or a king.

greengeen
01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Or you could switch to PORFQ or CSR, both of which have been fully refurbed with queen beds. That's what I would do, because I hate setting myself up for disappointment.

sgdisney
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm laying on a queen bed in Magnolia Terrace right now and the renovated rooms are very nice. Spent our first night in building 34, definitely in need of a redo. Called next morning and they moved us to our desired location.

Patricia
01-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I always find them to be very accommodating at Riverside. I find if they don't have your request the first night, they will try to move you as soon as they can.

CleveRocks
01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry, my bad, I thought the resort was all queens by now. Sorry aboout that, folks!