PDA

View Full Version : "Only Half Crazy" Half Marathon Weekend 2012: Day 3

floridamom
01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Cast: Me, DH, DD9, DD7; traveling with friends who also have two DDs

Day 3

A little bit sore this morning, but I woke up naturally at 8, which was really sleeping in compared to Saturday! Originally we had planned to have a late breakfast at Kona Café, but having seen the Atrium Club offerings, we canceled our reservation and decided to just have a bite there. After taking some photos around the resort, we set off to spend our meal savings by shopping, first in the Contemporary shops, and then at Downtown Disney, where we stopped before heading home.

At World of Disney DD7 got a cute crossbody purse just the right size for her ipod that she can attach charms to, and DD9 picked up a fun Goofy hat that lights up. During the race, we had run behind a couple sporting the same hats. DH got a new classic Mickey t-shirt. I passed on any purchases this time around, having just received several Disney items for Christmas.

Shopping complete, we all grabbed lunch at Pollo Campero. The $19.99 family meal is a good one for us with grilled or fried chicken, tortillas, chips and salsa, and black beans and rice. My friend’s DH prefers wraps, and those were available at Fresh-a-Peel, which shares the same space. Though seating can be scarce at busy times, I think this eatery is a huge improvement over the old McD’s.

Sadly, this trip was brief and it was time to head back home to the awaiting homework, laundry and getting ready for the week ahead. But the race went well (who knows, maybe I'll try the full next year), we had a fantastic time with our friends and loved staying at THE monorail resort. So much so that we have already made plans to be back—just today I was able to exchange RCI points for a week at Bay Lake Tower in July – woo hoo! Only 8 days until I can start making ADRs!!:mickey:

Thanks for reading!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the reports

wildernesslady
01-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Great reports. We are checking into Bay Lake next weekend for the first time. We are looking forward to it. Good luck getting your ADRs

faline
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Great successes at shopping!