PDA

View Full Version : Carsland Question

Mary Chase
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know what new attractions will be part of the new Carsland? I've seen the Mater tractor tipping ride pictures, but wasn't sure what else was in the plans for Carsland. Thanks!

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I believe there will also be a luigi ride. Riding in tires. They have shown sketches of it on the dvd. My son gets so excited when he sees the sketches of this ride!

LuvsTigger80
01-11-2012, 08:33 PM
hi there!

there will also be luigi's flying tires(the idea was taken from the orginal flying saucer ride in tomorrowland when disneyland first opened)..the e-ticket ride will be a test track style ride. I'm not sure of the name though. I do know that it races side by side..it all looks very exciting and I can not wait till it opens.:mickey:

2Epcot
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Those are the 3 main attractions that will be in Carsland.

As Luvstigger said, Luigi's Flying Tires will be similar to the Flying Saucers Ride that was at Disneyland in the early days of the park. Riders will use a pair of joysticks to steer the levitating bumper car as it floats on the surface, similar to a giant air hockey table.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is a spinning tractor and cart ride. The attractions will be a cross between a traditional teacup ride and classic whip ride.

The main E-Ticket is Radiator Springs Racers, using third-generation Test Track technology.
This attraction will be the most expensive to be built in the entire Disneyland Resort, one of the most expensive attractions Disney has ever built, and one of the most expensive theme park attractions in the world, at an estimated cost of over $200 million.

Similar to Test Track, the beginning portion takes place inside, then moves to the race outside, which you will race side-by-side with another vehicle where one car will randomly win.

The mountain range looks amazing, also one of the largest Disney has ever built. I love the pictures of the main street looking towards the courthouse that I've seen online... It looks just like the Cars films, can't wait.

Mary Chase
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Just one question (I will be new to DLR this year) - what do you mean by E-ticket ride?

Thanks!

2Epcot
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info. Just one question (I will be new to DLR this year) - what do you mean by E-ticket ride?

Thanks!

"E-Ticket" is a throwback term to the days when Disneyland used to give out ticket books based on attractions at the park. The higher the letter ... A, B, C, D, E ... the better (or more popular) the attraction. The "E" ticket was saved for big attractions like Submarine, Monorail, Matterhorn, and Jungle Cruise in the early days. People still use the term, even though tickets books have long gone away. Today, people use it to describe attractions like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones. Radiator Springs Racers would fall into the category today.