PDA

View Full Version : Flying Sanford to UK?

andreallybadeggs
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
This may belong elsewhere. DD will be in Orlando this summer when our family plans a trip to the UK. Is it possible for her to get a round trip on one of the British airlines that fly into Sanford or are those nice rates I'm seeing restricted to passengers originating in the UK?
Tried several combinations + one way only and kept getting a message that there was no flight available even though return flights to the UK were showing for a date that would work perfectly as the first leg of her itinerary.

faline
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Except for Icelandair which flies to the UK via Iceland, the only flights I see from Sanford to the UK are via charter flights and I don't see any listing of British airlines which use this airport?

Ed
01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Icelandair seems to be the only scheduled US/UK airline operating out of Sanford (SFB) airport.

Orlando Int'l (MCO) has daily service to/from the UK via British Air and Virgin Atlantic. BA is usually only one flight per day; VA runs three or four per day - - sometimes more.

And MCO is a lot closer to Orlando.

LilHooligan74
01-13-2012, 03:40 AM
I used to fly regularly from the Middle East back home to South Carolina and found Delta flying out of Atlanta to be the easiest and cheapest with regional flights to my home airport running more than half a dozen times of day, and after about two trips I was getting upgraded so a 14 hour flight was cake( I digress).
I agree with the MCO statement. Depending on the time of the year, but US Airways and Delta tend to be the most affordable for Overseas travel from the East Coast. About $200 cheaper round trip then British Airways and other European carriers. Since US Airways is based out of Charlotte and Delta is based out of Atlanta getting a regional flight to an International hub is easy, since I don't believe there are many direct flights from Orlando to the UK. Especially considering you do all your International travel prep at the first Airport and don't have to contend with that when you catch the flight over the pond.
Disclaimer: I don't work for Delta, don't own Delta stock. I just flew over a dozen times on a Delta Aircraft(mainly over the pond) during a year and did not have a bad experience with that Airline, not once.
I do apologize if you know most of what I said already, I just get carried away.