PDA

View Full Version : Value Villas at AKL

disneynarula
01-11-2012, 05:05 AM
We are considering renting points from a DVC member. What is a "value villa" at AKL and how does it differ from the other rooms? Is it worth the extra money to upgrade to a standard villa?

DizneyRox
01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
They are at Jambo Hoise, and are slightly smaller than those at Kidani. Only one bathroom too in the 1BR and larger.

They are a decent value I think. You are picked up second for the busses, but you don't have to walk so far to the Mara.

greengeen
01-11-2012, 07:13 AM
In the value 1BR the master bedroom is very small - you can barely walk around the bed. Which is not true in a standard. We tried a value once because it's such a good deal, but I wouldn't do it again; I like my space.

disneynarula
01-11-2012, 08:35 AM
What about the two bedroom? It will be my MIL, DS 8, DS 6, DD 2, DH, and myself. I found a website where I can rent DVC "points". It would be less money than renting 3 rooms at a value resort.

Are there two queens in the second bedroom or one queen and a sofa bed.

NewDVCowner
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
What about the two bedroom? It will be my MIL, DS 8, DS 6, DD 2, DH, and myself. I found a website where I can rent DVC "points". It would be less money than renting 3 rooms at a value resort.

Are there two queens in the second bedroom or one queen and a sofa bed.

My family has stayed at a two bedroom value at AKL. I thought it was a good amount of space for the five of us - all adults. There are two bathrooms. They have a king bed in the 'master', a pull out in the family room and a queen and a pull out in the second bedroom. They don't have two queen beds in the second bedroom, just the pull out. All two bedroom values are lock off rooms, so you do have the connecting doors between the one bedroom (master/family room) and the second bedroom (studio).

With the value room we actually did have a savannah view. I guess it's kind of luck of the draw if you get one, but we did and it was lovely.

If you got a standard room you wouldn't have a chance of getting a savannah view room - they're all 'standard' views, which probably means the pool, as that's what my other sister was staying in, a standard studio.

DizneyRox
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Most if not all the 2BR value rooms at Jambo I believe are a 1BR with an attached studio. There may be a real 2BR, but I'm not sure.