PDA

View Full Version : Poly With Small Children

wdwjenn
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
My family and I (including three small children) will be staying at the Poly in May 2012 :mickey:. Do all of the rooms have cribs or pac n plays in them or do I have to make a request on the reservation?
Also, can you attach bedrails to the daybed?

Thank you for you help!!

BrerGnat
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
All rooms should have a pack and play. If there is not one there, you can call housekeeping and they will bring one up for you.

As for the daybed/bedrail question. No. You cannot attach them. Those bedrails are meant to be attached on a twin sized (or larger) mattress on a bed that has either a hard platform frame or a boxspring mattress underneath. The bedrail will not work with the daybed, as the daybed mattress is too narrow.

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
In all our stays at WDW resorts the only time we've ever had a pack and play in our room was at the DVC resorts. I've never seen a pack and play in any of our regular rooms. However, you should be able to request one with no problems.

BrerGnat
01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
We've had them in our rooms at POR, Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, and Contemporary.

There was not one in our BC room recently.

However, I know that you will definitely be able to get one if you need it. It is considered a "standard" room amenity, so they have enough on hand for everyone who needs one.

emmatink
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes there is a pack-n-play in the closet of the rooms at the Poly and you can in fact use one set of bedrails on the daybed. We have done so on our past three stays with our daughter and they work just fine. You only need one set because the other side is the backside of the couch (if that makes sense). We usually set up the pack-n-play in the space in front of the door that adjoins to the next guest room. Hope this helps:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Wow, I am amazed that you guys have had pack and plays in your closets. Many of the resorts you listed we've also stayed at. In all the resorts we've stayed in, some of them more than once, we have never had a pack and play in the closet, expect for the DVC resorts. I use every inch of those closets so I'd actually have to call to have the thing removed to free up space for us. I do remember having one in our closet at OKW last month, and I remember having one at SSR, and also at BCV. Strange that for us these were all DVC rooms. However, we did not have one in our studio at AKL on either of our two stays there. I guess its hit or miss, and I'm glad we've always been a "miss" because we don't need the pack and play, but definitely need the closet space.

minnie-mouse
01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
You have to request them. We usually put bed rails on one of the main beds, not sure if they stay on the day bed well or not.

renecat
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow, I am amazed that you guys have had pack and plays in your closets. Many of the resorts you listed we've also stayed at. In all the resorts we've stayed in, some of them more than once, we have never had a pack and play in the closet, expect for the DVC resorts. I use every inch of those closets so I'd actually have to call to have the thing removed to free up space for us. I do remember having one in our closet at OKW last month, and I remember having one at SSR, and also at BCV. Strange that for us these were all DVC rooms. However, we did not have one in our studio at AKL on either of our two stays there. I guess its hit or miss, and I'm glad we've always been a "miss" because we don't need the pack and play, but definitely need the closet space.

We have also stayed at the Poly and many other resorts and have never had a packnplay in our closet.

emmatink
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I wonder if it has to do with the age of the children in your party because we have always had a pack-n-play in our closet at every deluxe we have ever stayed in. We just got back from staying at BWI and we had one in our closet, even though we did not need it this time!

buzznwoodysmom
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I wonder if it has to do with the age of the children in your party because we have always had a pack-n-play in our closet at every deluxe we have ever stayed in. We just got back from staying at BWI and we had one in our closet, even though we did not need it this time!

I thought of that too, but we've been traveling to WDW with my children since they were just 2 years old and 9 months old, and still never had a playpen, except for DVC resorts. Perhaps they are left in rooms that recently requested one, then moved around as needed?

brownie
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Perhaps they are left in rooms that recently requested one, then moved around as needed?

That's what I was thinking.

Keneva
01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
We requested a crib for our kids at the time of reservation. The first time, it was waiting in our room with two sets of fresh mickey mouse mattress pad covers. The second time it was not in the room when we checked in and we had to call to remind them to deliver it. Our last trip we didn't need one and there was none in the room. I don't think they are just sitting in the room unless you ask for it.:mickey:

wdwjenn
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I think to be sure I will put a request on my reservation for a crib and bed rails!!

Thank you all for your help:mickey:!