PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/14/2011 - Day 6

brivers222
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Previously on OVMDC
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188232
Agenda: Bid farewell to LEG 1 and embark on LEG 2…

Photos to go along with story: http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon6
Today is another big day… as pointed out in a comment in my review, they really are long days although when you are there it sure doesn’t feel like it. Today is the day we check out of the Poly (ending the first part of our DISNEYmoon) Its bitter sweet but we are ready to head over to the Epcot/Hollywood Studios portion of our trip.

I made a 10:15 breakfast at Chef Mickey’s because it’s a quick monorail ride from the Poly. The plan was to pack our car with our luggage and then come back and get it at night so that we could just enjoy our day. This is where the KTTK cards get a bit tricky because with the split stay we had a 10-day ph tickets on it and we still had 4TS credits for a possible lunch and then dinner back at the Poly for our trip to ‘Ohana dinner.

During the night we got the express checkout list. Everything seemed correct and that gave us the ability to not go to the Ceremonial House. By the time we finished packing and we checked the time and it was about 10mins until our reservation. Oh great, our luck Mickey will charge us $10 each for being late. We hurried over to the TTC to pick up the resort monorail. Totally forgot that the Contemporary was the 4th stop, not the first one. We made it to the checkin line by 10:25 and were checked in my 10:38am. The first stop was had was talking that picture with the mickey statue. We both agreed ahead of time that we would not be buying it so we both had some weird faces in the picture. I believe we waited about 10 more minutes until we were buzzed. Our seats were over by the wall across from the left had side of the buffet. The food was delicious and we have now added this to our list of must do’s on trips.

After Breakfast we hopped on the monorail to take us to the TTC where we would transfer to Epcot and walk our way through to the International Gateway with the final destination being checkin at the Boardwalk. We boarded the Monorail but something was odd, the doors didn’t shut as quickly as the used to and then when they finally did we didn’t start moving. Eventually the PA came on and said due to some technical difficulties we would have to be removed from the train and take alternative transportation. Ugh, this wasn’t going to work. We asked a CM and he mentioned that there was a strange odor coming from the train and it needed to be checked out. Length of time was unknown. What ***** more is that there was two trains on the track out there… we were lucky we could exit! So we walked by the ginger bread house so that I could take some pictures while YO! Shopped in the gift shop.

Now the 3rd and 4th floors were the only ones of the contemporary that I have ever been too… to get out to the buses, um yeah where is that?! Heading down the escalator I was drawn into this tunnel… Oh wow! It’s the Wave! I have never seen that before. For not even staying at the resort the CMs are so friendly! We were offered to have our picture taken at least 4 times before we finally gave in and had a snap in front of their tree. I really didn’t know where the contemporary bus stop even was so this was a pleasant surprise. The Hollywood Studios bus was there already so we jumped at the chance because I knew that HS and BWI were connected by boat. We arrived and had some candid pictures in front of the Xmas tree at Hollywood studios as we made our way to the boat launch. About 15mins passed until the next boat came and this was actually the last time take it as it seemed a bit too long of a trip from HS to BWI with stopping at the Swan/Dolphin. But we had some time to spare as it was only around 2pm and check in wasn’t until 3pm.

For those that have gotten off at the boat dock for the Boardwalk you will recall that those exiting the boat go up the center while those waiting for boats flank each side. I dubbed this the Gauntlet because the lines to get on the boat were filled and walking through the center we had EVERYONE on each side yelling, “CONGRATULATIONS!!!” wow talk about an entrance! We are home! Another pleasant surprise was that our room was actually ready way early, much different than the 2 hours we had to wait at the Poly! The resort itself is beautiful, and felt more like our style than the poly. Its colorful and almost a beachy feel, but that is more a description of beach club lol. See a little insight, I am red/green color blind so I prefer things with bright vibrant colors. The poly was a lot of Greenery which really just look brown to me. For instance, what do you see when looking at a rainbow? I see Blue and Yellow and that is IT! So these bright colors were very welcoming! We entered our room and was greeted with the now seems to be tradional towel mickey ear. We loved our room and the view wasn’t all bad, we were on the 3rd floor at the very corner looking out over the Boardwalk lit up sign in the front. WE ARE HOME! Sorry Poly, but this is our style!
We laid down for a bit (yep we rested a bit…Documented for proof!) and then walked over around to Beaches and Cream because I have heard so many good things about it my last 4 trips. And we had 2 TS credits to spare as they all expire at midnight from our first leg. While YO! Did not really care for the burger (she said it was too greasy and only ate half) I really liked it! The desserts really steal the show here. I can’t believe that the No Way Jose sundae is allowed as a single dessert credit. The peanut butter sauce was to die for (and probably could kill you if you ate too much of it). YO! had a regular Sunday with butterscotch, also delicious. The table behind us seemed to be a group of 4 teenagers that all went in on the kitchen sink…. Holy moly that’s huge!

After stuffing our faces with delicious ice cream it was time to walk it off. We walked around the yachtclub a bit to get a feel where Yachtsman and Cape May buffet were located, its cool how everything is like in a strip over there! We ventured out onto the walkway by the beach as we leisurely stolled towards Epcot. Once inside we walked around a bit and took in the sights and sounds of France at dusk. Even decided to check out that Reflections of France (I think that was the name… it was a great show) I had planned our Ohana reservation to be about 20mins after the fireworks so that we could sit on the beach and gaze across the water at the magic kingdom. While setting up my tripod and its remote shutter button we were treated to the sights and sounds of the electric water pagent. Like last year, this show brings back so many memories of my youth :)
What was nice about the remote shutter and tripod is that I could sit on the beach chairs and totally enjoy the fireworks myself while just every so often pushing the button to capture the bursts. Although they didn’t turn out as crisp as I wanted they are still pretty cool to look at. I forgot to mention that they were the Holiday Wishes so there are pictures where I couldn’t even get the entire 360 bursts in my frame! What a special treat…We could even see Tinkerbell slide down for the castle from across the lake.

Immediately after the fireworks we had to arrive at checkin for our dinner. Same deal as Ohana breakfast without the photo opportunity. I know I sound like a broken record, but everything Ohana offered was amazing except for the chicken wings. I am not a fan of the sweeter wings, I prefer the hotter variety. But the Bread, Dumplings, noodles and 3 meats on sticks were YUMMY! I heard so much about the Lapu Lapu that I decided to give it whirl. FINALLY a drink I ordered actually came to me in a cool container! I swear I could literally order the identical drink as someone and theirs would come in a fish tank and mine would be in a clear plastic cup. Not this time, a yummy conconction of 151 and other stuff in a hollowed out Pineapple… OH MY! Then after we were already stuffed from all the eating we were delivered a sticky toffee type dessert… no room in the tum, but still had to force it down, it was that good! Just a few bites to say I tried it, we couldn’t eat the whole thing, but maybe what I did eat would soak up all the Bacardi 151 in my veins. Sober up ol’ man you have to drive back to Boardwalk still! We bought that LossDamageWaiver from Alamo so we are cool… but we didn’t need to use it at all ;)

After typing all this I feel just as tired as I was when I was experiencing it… so we will end here until the next day………

To Be Continued…

Dopey's Girl
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Loving your trip so far!

TinkerbellT421
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Loving your trip so much!! :mickey::thumbsup:
Trip reports are all I have for ten more days!!!

yjgirl32
01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Love your trip reports. Thanks so much for sharing.

brivers222
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I do promise I will finish the final 5 in the next few days!!!! that way you can have them read before you leave lol

faline
01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm really interested in hearing how your stay at Boardwalk goes - this is one resort at which I've never resided and want to hear all the details!

brivers222
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
just to sum it up... it was amazing! I would buy into it (DVC) if it didn't end in 2042...

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Sounds great, I tried the Lapu Lapu in December also, it was just too much for me....

brivers222
01-20-2012, 02:55 PM
the 151 really did add a kick to it. problem with this drink is that you are served family style you don't know how "messed up" you are until you go to leave haha