PDA

View Full Version : FEB 16-21 w/ friends from Scotland help!

mrs.jacksparrow
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
hi.....WE are coming back to Disney and my friends are looking to me as their guide.

this is what I have so far....Feb15th to Feb 20th
Arrive Wed. staying in a timeshare key west
WED night Go to Downtown disney for the evening
Thursday: Lego land (requested UGH!!! heard bad stuff about it already but they already have tickets)
Friday - Magic kingdom (sad the train roller coaster is in rehab) electric light parade and wishes Kids are 10 should we do a character meal???? or skip it?????
Saturday - hollywood studios fantasmic Should we do the dinner reservation option for seats???
Sunday- universal (Ugh request Harry Potter) no clue about this park at all
Monday- clearwater aquarium to see winter (requested UGH again...may not go with them and just go to epcot)

So for the two days in the parks I chose MK and HS and then of course an evening at DTD.
We have been several times now and I am trying to do the best I can with the two days. I have to do the other non disney parks this time due to requests. I would just do Disney parks but alas I am out numbered. I felt that MK and HS were the best options.

Any ideas??????? they have a car and want to drive each day to the parks....I know I know but they want the car UGH!!! Should we just park at the transportation station or should we drive to each park and then park???? I never had a car before down there.

Any ideas comments for that time of year and days I picked and places I picked would be GREAT!!!! Thanks so much!:party:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
1. yes to character meal...we enjoyed the character interaction at 1900 for breakfast...Madd Hatter, Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh and Tigger
2. yes to Fantasmic Package-try Mama Melrose's

Do they have hopper tickets? I was just thinking you could do morning at AK and then evening at DHS with Fantasmic.

stitchingirl
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
1. YES, do a Fantasmic dinner package if at all possible. We went about a month ago and all of the other seating was gone with well over an hour till showtime.

2. If you're going to Universal, the Harry Potter thing is at Islands of Adventure. Do that first, and early in the morning if possible, and then see the rest of the park. The crowds only get exponentially worse over the course of the day.

faline
01-10-2012, 06:39 PM
You're going at a time that will see increasing crowds throughout your trip as you go over Presidents weekend. From your comments, it looks like you're not looking forward to much of it.

You're staying at Old Key West? We were there last month and had a wondeful stay - the boat to Downtown Disney is a very nice option.

I'd skil the car when you travel to the Magic Kingdom. On our trip last month, my brother and his family opted to drive to the Magic Kingdom on the morning that we had reseverations for Crystal Palace for breakfast - our reservations were pre-park opening and I think they thought they would beat us for sure. We saw them drive by while waiting for the bus. Still, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom 15-20 minutes ahead of them and had lots of time to take Photopass pics and wait for their arrival!

Personally, I think character meals are fun regardless of the age of the participants!!

I haven't been to Universal since before Harry Potter premiered there so can't help you there and have not been to Legoland since it was that - other old park!!

Best of luck! Hope you have more fun than you're expecting!!

mrs.jacksparrow
01-11-2012, 09:34 AM
faline!!! yes I am going to have fun!!! I just would rather do ALL DISNEY LOL I LOVE DISNEY AND could live there!!!!! :mickey:I am just atiny bit bummed about having to do all the "other" parks.

thank you everyone for your comments!!!!
I will book the breakfast that sounds the best for sure!!!! I would od two parks in one day but I don't think they will enjoy that.
And thank you for the heads up for the dinner package I thought that would be best!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! i love intercot!!!