PDA

View Full Version : Character dining

Finn
01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
What is the best character meal at WDW? We are planning on takeing our son who will be turning 4 while we are at DW.:mickey:

cuteduck223
01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
You'll hear this a lot im sure:

I love garden grill. We have always had great character interaction and the food is delicious. (the kids dessert is awesome!).

We also enjoy Tusker house breakfast because it offers, in our opinion, quite a bit more than the other breakfast character buffets in the way of food. They also have this great fruit juice!

sassy2000
01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
It really depends on what characters your son likes and what meal you are looking for.
We love Crystal Palace for breakfast with Pooh & friends. Garden Grill for dinner has good food and has Mickey, PLuto, Chip & Dale.
Of course there is always Chef Mickeys with the Fab 5. Great character interaction but the food is just ok.

Capt_redshirt
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
cape may at the yacht club is rather nice too. and one of the few places to see the gang in a different costume up close

brivers222
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Breakfast Food wise... Ohana
Dinner Food wise... Garden Grill

Fab Five wise... Chef Mickeys

Pooh and Friends... Crystal Palace (well okay it the only place for them haha)

Princess wise... Akershus

TinkerbellT421
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Breakfast Food wise... Ohana
Dinner Food wise... Garden Grill

Fab Five wise... Chef Mickeys

Pooh and Friends... Crystal Palace (well okay it the only place for them haha)

Princess wise... Akershus

:ditto::thumbsup:

Janmac
01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I would agree with a pp as to the characters your son likes maybe being the guide here. And do you want to do breakfast or another meal?

If your son likes Stitch, there's Ohanas for breakfast. If he likes animals, there's the safari breakfast at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom with Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy in safari outfits. If he likes Handy Manny or the Little Einsteins, there is the breakfast buffet Hollywood and Vine at Disney Hollywood Studios. Jake from the Neverland Pirates might be here too. They have made some character changes recently.

If he's a very picky eater, you may do better with a buffet rather than the breakfast skillet that some character meals offer.

Jan

DizneyRox
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property. Boma is a close 2nd.

Garden Grill is nice, but make sure you qualify for a second mortgage before going. I believe this is still dinner only.

Cape May is nice, but it's a chore to get there, and it's breakfast only, so you will need to wake up early to allow for a double resort hop transport (or some creative thinking).

whitney37354
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
We did all character meals except Cape May.
They were all fine, but I had some favs.

Good Food: O'hana
Good Character Interaction & Ambiance: CRT breakfast, Garden Grill, 1900 PF dinner

ElenitaB
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
First of all, WELCOME TO INTERCOT!

Our very first trip was for my DS's fifth birthday. Based on his reactions and my satisfaction on that trip and many since then, I would definitely say to go with Garden Grill, maybe Tusker House (to see more of the Fab Five), Crystal Palace and 'Ohana for breakfast (if he likes Stitch). Two times at Chef Mickey's has me avoiding it like the plague due to wandering, unsupervised children and "drive-by" character visits. And while he's still young, you might plan in a visit to the Castle or to Akershus to spend some time with the princesses. If he's anything like my DS, he won't tolerate the mushy girl stuff much longer even if Mom likes it. ;)