PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/13/2011 - Day 5

brivers222
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Previously on OVMDC
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=187966

Agenda: Ohana, MK, HDDMR, MVMCP #3

Photos to go along with story: http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon5

We got up a little earlier than we expected so we were able to walk to the Ceremonial House for breakfast at Ohana. As a contingency plan for late awaking we were going to walk from Tahiti to the TTC and then monorail it over to the Ceremonial house to make it in time. While we made it there in time we were about 4mins late because the line to check in was a few people deep. Nothing too tragic we got lei’d had our picture taken and then waited for just about 5mins for our buzzer to jump excitedly on my knee.

Our seats were on the very far Left of the building (if looking at MK) and I could actually see the castle over YO!s left shoulder. This would be a great seat for the fireworks! The breakfast was awesome as usual. This is our favorite breakfast in all of Disneys offerings that we have tried! The characters each came around twice in the 50mins we were there so we got many more photo opportunities.

I had purposely booked a Category 2 4pm Hoop Dee Doo show today as we would be having our final MVMCP later… That would allow us time for the show and then put us in the Magic Kingdom by about 6:20pm, Perfect! But right now we had a decision, it was about 11am and we have the Walt Disney World Resort as our playground, what to do?! Duh…. Magic Kingdom! We hoped on the monorail and after a stop at the Grand Floridian we were hoping off and walking through the turnstiles. We decided to walk towards the castle (noting all the things we found out about in the KTTK tour (ie spacing of trees and lights on either side of Mainstreet) and then we decided to experience the amazing transformation from the Castle hub to Adventure land… Speakers playing music softer until you are greeted with the drums of Adventure land. While the drums greeted us we greeted our bellys with a nice Dole Whip… Mmmm so good! Although, I had the Orange version because NOTHING beats a Creamsicle!

We couldn’t walk by the Tiki Room without going on it again…not with the “new” old show back… have I mentioned how much I am glad they burnt the new management “queue Milton from office space… this whole place is gonna burn” This was the first time either of us actually go to see the beginning show outside… LOL that was pretty cool, I never knew anything existed under that waterfall!

Captain Jack was performing a show across from the Pirates ride so we took that in for a bit before heading off to Tom Sawyers Island. Neither of us had been over there so it was worth at least a look. While rafting over the CM was asked about the paint brushes and she said once they are found they are put back out there to be found again… so KEEP LOOKING! We did and because I have know idea what I am actually looking for in color or size of brush, it was a needle in a haystack. Stack won! After about 45mins on the island we were just about boarding the raft when the skies opened up for a quick literally 5min downpour! I know it was about 5mins because that’s how long it takes me to put my Camera’s rain jacket on (yeah its expensive, I wanna protect it!) as soon as it was on, bingo bango, it stopped.

We decided to get some more photopass shots in front of the castle (in the day light) and happened to pick a very animated and excited photopass photographer. I have some pictures in the album above from this experience lol lets just say we had to switch roles and take photos in front of everyone…. Including a long long long long kiss while our eyes were closed and the photopass guy wasn’t even taking our picture just saying HOLD IT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT! So much fun!

We then ventured to xmas tree where sat so that we could see the 3pm parade and head out quickly to Fort Wilderness. I asked a CM before hand what side snow was on because I can’t miss her THIS TIME! While sitting on the ground another FP CM came up to us and took our picture. Upon seeing our buttons he said, “where are your Just Married buttons!” I said, “good question, Disney doesn’t seem to have any this year, we tried EVERYWHERE!” he yelled out, “HOLD ON!” and took off running over to where you can meet mickey and Minnie. About 5mins later (just after the grand marshalls (shout out to MICHIGAN PEEPS!) came by he ran up to us with the Just Married buttons. SCORE! We watched the parade from super close range, Snow waved to us (we had our moment lol) and then we jetted off to Fort Wilderness.

The HDDR is a staple during our trips, we had a blast. One funny moment actually happened while in the bathroom before hand. Two little kids like about maybe 9 or 10 were in there and the younger one was saying, “come on this is your 10th time in here” and the kid looked at me and said, “yeah its my 10th time, I am going for my record of 20 in one day!” lol I asked him how he does it, if he drinks a ton or what and he said, “nope, I just like to pee!” we were sitting near him and I did not that he was constantly getting refills on his drinks haha. The food was good, we had the bread, the salad, the fried chicken, the ribs and our least favorite the Strawberry short cake! One thing that was odd was we had two different waiters in our 2 hours there. The first one took our drink orders, Sangria for YO! And red wine for me. When I asked for a refill on my wine the server walked away for like 10mins and then came back saying he had to see my ID to get wine… While Sipping the last bit of my current wine, I said, “you’re joking right?” he wasn’t.. I had to show my ID for a refill…der? Guess underage get a free first adult pop at Disney, just not a second!

We arrived back at MK right around my planned time of 6:30pm. Got our wrist bands and headed through the train depot. We made our way to the back taking in the fake snow falling on mainstreet. We took another ride on the Haunted mansion, timed perfectly for the parade to be starting. While watching we made our way over to the mountains to check on the times. Wait time was only 5mins for Splash mountain so I figured I might as well go on it. I was the only human on the ride (or at least the cars two in front and two behind me… life was good. Except out of all the times I had been on splash I never seemed to get that wet. This time, it was payback. I GOT DRENCHED!!! And not to mention it was around 55-degrees out and slightly windy. Oh joys, the hard ticket event still has 2 hours left and I am UNCOMFORTABLE!! We made an executive decision to go up to mainstreet shops and buy me a hoodie or a shirt. Luckily they had a grumpy shirt that once I put it on I was okay. Perfect theme though because now we are going to wait in line for mickey & Minnie and then the princesses. Mickey and Minnie took about 10mins from entrance to exit. They are always a blast, Minnie tried to steal me away while mickey and YO! Had their moment!

Next up was the princesses (Auror, Repunzel and Snow White). Wait said 30mins so what the heck, lets do it. About 65mins into it we were in the room right before the door to characters just sitting there. We were sitting there NOT MOVING for almost 25mins. Everyone was getting very angry and nobody was explaining anything to us. You can’t tell me that you get 20mins with each princess! If so, I want my time too! Finally after the 30min posted wait turned into a 1-1/2 wait we were in to see them. Turns out they all went on ‘break’ and nobody told us that we would have to wait for 30mins while they disappear) oh well we are in and we got to meet the three with their princes… YO!s new favorite is Rapunzel and I don’t blame her she is a cutey! Flynn Rider is crazy how he contorts his face in a cartoonish type way. Finally after 5 days of trying I got to have my moment in person with Snow! We hugged and got photos, chatted and we were on our way. One thing I like about these special rooms with the characters is that they do feel less like a “Love and Shove” than it does meeting characters in the park itself.

With about 10mins to the final Very Merry Christmas Parade (It’s a marshmallow world) we decided to hope into the Mainstreet bakery to sample this amazing Cinnamon Roll (snack credit) that our KTTK guide Jerrod told us was the absolute best! I am starting to think that stuff Jerrod told us wasn’t always the truth… considering it was HORRIBLE!!! Dry and no taste, ew. You want the world best cinnamon roll? Go to Costco and get their premade Cinnamon roll with Cinnabon frosting… now that is a great roll!

I let YO! shop in the glass blowing shop while I took in the parade. Right before the large princess float arrived she met me on the curb. This was a special moment in our trip because as I was taking pictures of the fairgod mother she looked at us and saw our buttons… She then singled us out and made the shape of a heart with her hands over her head and then pointed right at us…. We got our marriage approved by the fairgodmother!

That was the perfect place to end the party and this day.

Too be continued….

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Great report, thanks

brivers222
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks... I am way behind but a wicked cold and holidays destroyed any and all motivation I had to write them.... I am getting there... ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TO WRITE!!!! hahah oh brother

faline
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
What a lovely day!!! You must have lots of energy as that certainly sounds like a very long day!!

brivers222
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
wow you know it didn't feel like it during the time (well ask YO! and she will tell you differently) but looking back at that timewise.... 15+hours.... dang!

TinkerbellT421
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the report!! Been anxiously waiting for you too continue! :mickey:

brivers222
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
hang in there dear!!! oh and you will know that your constant bugging on facebook was given me the inspiration to carry on!!!! haha just kidding, well kinda, you gave me the kick in butt to continue and I actually am loading up day 6 in a second.

TinkerbellT421
01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
lol it wasn't constant bugging!! haha Just a couple comments like "oh yea by the way **ahem**" lol!

yjgirl32
01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2012, 04:13 PM
You certainly know how to fill a Disney Day!!! You have done so much today. I'm loving this report!