PDA

View Full Version : Soarin Over California

caldisney
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
With all the changes to California Adventure, I was wondering if there are any changes planned for Soarin Over California?

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes.
There has been a rumored update for some time now.
Not sure when it is going to be implemented, but it is going to be a new film.
Same ride technology just updated with new locations.
Won't be only flying over only California locations.

:smickey:

Melanie
01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes.
There has been a rumored update for some time now.
Not sure when it is going to be implemented, but it is going to be a new film.
Same ride technology just updated with new locations.
Won't be only flying over only California locations.

Is this just rumor Scott? Not sure really why they'd change the California version, as that wouldn't make sense if it were in California Adventure. Now a change for Epcot would make sense.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-19-2012, 04:01 AM
I consider it a rumor since it seems like it has been talked about for a LONG time now.
Much like the new drop sequence on ToT.
That has been talked about for too long imho.

I think editing the California version is going to make sense too with the re-theming of the park.
Guess we'll see on that one.

BrerGnat
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
This is one of those "back burner" things. It probably won't happen any time in the near future. It's not like they have a new film just sitting around, and they are ready to make the switch. It's an extremely involved project, and I haven't heard or read anything to indicate that this film has even begun shooting. I know that, since they want to film in some countries that do not have the most stable governments, it might be taking longer than anticipated to get the various governmental approvals to film from a helicopter. I know that China and Egypt were potential countries for inclusion in this film, but you can imagine how difficult that would be at this time.

I wouldn't expect anything in the next couple years, at least. Disney has not made any indication that this is coming, so until you hear it from them, don't believe any rumors. For all we know, this might be a dead project.

The current versions of this ride at both WDW and DCA are still extremely popular. Disney doesn't make change for change's sake. They wait until there is indication of lowered popularity before they "refresh" an attraction.