PDA

View Full Version : Trip Uniform

ColleenMcD
01-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Do any of you do a trip uniform for your Disney trips?

I wanted to make trip t-shirts for everyone because I think it would be fun, but my friends say "Don't be that crazy family..."

So if any of you are that crazy family, what did you put on your shirts?

I would like to "name" our trip, but I think I'm out of cleverness pixie dust because I can't think of anything...we are a multi-generational family going so calling it the McD Family Vacation wont work....Ideas?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-10-2012, 09:32 AM
We are that crazy family!

We almost always do a "group shirt". The last couple of times have been around DD's birthday, so the shirts read:

My 10th Birthday Trip
Daughter's 10th's Birthday Trip
Granddaughter's 10th Birthday Trip, etc

Other times, we just did the generic "Stevenson Family Trip 2010", etc.

I've always liked the themed ones ... where the family is "storming the castle", or "going around the world", or "fighting the villians", etc.

This time I have a set of matching tye-dye Mickey shirts, so we'll be the super-geeky family (but it does make for some great photos).

diz_girl
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
There were many families on our last trip that had matching t-shirts, but the only memorable family had a hidden mickey head on the front and underneath was written 'Mommy' or 'Daddy' or 'Grandma' or 'Uncle Joey' in the Walt Disney script. The tees were red and the mickey head and writing were black. Everyone had one, down to the little kids. It was just really cute and memorable. I don't know if they had anything written on the back, like their family name, but the front of the tees really set them apart.

BWayGrl
01-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The only time I ever made a shirt was when I went to Disney with my girlfriends for "senior week" when we graduated high school. Each of us had a different brightly colored shirt and we each bought a different sequined applique to iron onto the front. Then we all put the number "05" on the back (our graduation year) and decorated the rest with glitter glue however we chose. It was fun! There's a picture of us on ToT - we're all sitting in the back row with our arms up in our cute shirts. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I have seen tons of families on each of our trips, so you definitely won't be the only ones.

As for my family....well, we're not really the matching shirt kind of family. ;)

bdm@pga
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Did a shirt for my daughters birthday trip...it had a picture of her surrounded by the disney characters.(photo shop) and said happy birthday Cameran...everyone had one..and all day they recognized her as the girl on the shirt and said happy birthday....still a great memory for her. I guess not the smartest thing in today's society..having her name on the shirt with her picture..but wasn't thinking that way when we made them. Have fun with it!:mickey::thumbsup:

eandrsmom
01-16-2012, 08:28 AM
We haven't had specific shirts made, but being a family of six, I do try to coordinate shirt colors. It's much easier to keep track of everyone when we're all in the same bright color. (Especially when things get crowded.) My daughter is 12 and would throw a fit if she had to wear the same shirt as her brothers, so I always make sure she has a "fashionable" alternative. LOL!