PDA

View Full Version : One day at universal.

disney obsessed
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
We went to Universal on tues jan 3. It was freezing!!!!! the warmest it got all day was about 45 or 50 with a steady wind. we thought it would keep the crowds low but I guess everyone else thought that too. Harry potter world is cool to look at but you could not move through the street. there was a 2 1/2 hour wait for the ride and at least 20 min just to get in the store to by a wand. The wait to get into the place where the wand chose you was 1 1/2 hour. we lef the kids to wait for wands and got a cup of coffee and sat in the sun. An hour later DH and I decided to go to Emerils for lunch. had a great, long lunch then met the kids to feed them.
The kids and I went back to the park to get on a few things and DH stayed at the resterant to play pool. we rode the rides in Suess Landing and then I left. I met back up with DH and we went back to the hotel. the kids stayed and were able to get on Harry potter and all of the big rides.

I do not think I will ever want to go back to universal. I just don't get it. One of the things that I do not care for is the orientation of the park to the sun. every time I have been there I am walking into the sun and I cannot see. weird, I know, but it bugs me.

the kids loved the harry experience.

Kenny1113
01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
We went in Nov. I don't see us going back anytime soon either. There just wasn't that much to do. We finished most of both parks in one day. (after purchasing 2day passes. :mad: )

Even DH a non Disney person sees Disney as the better of the two.

wickedgin
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry you were disappointed. We went for the first time on Dec 27/28 and had a great time. The cold on the 3rd made it difficult to enjoy much of anything, though. We were in Epcot and no one wanted to go on Test Track (usually a must-do) because it was too cold!

tinksmom02
01-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry your trip to Universal wasn't spectacular. We loved our first Universal trip last August and I'm trying to plan another trip for this August. Perhaps the weather makes a difference? We stayed onsite (perhaps another difference?) and DD loved re-riding all her favorites over and over (and over and over...there's only so much Mummy a Mommy can take!). And because we stayed onsite we were allowed into IoA an hour early for the Harry Potter area, so we banged all of that out before the park officially opened.

DD actually fluctuates between which resort is her favorite--sometimes it's Disney but sometimes it's Universal!