PDA

View Full Version : Photopass

MikeJake
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I apologize if this was already asked 1000 times, but i couldn't readily find it and wanted to put it out there for some comments.

Has anyone pre-purchased the CD or used this service with their disney trip? I have friends who swear by it and wanted to see if others thought it is a worthwhile investment.

Thanks.

brivers222
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
We just pre-paid for it for our DISNEYmoon last month.

Paid $99 before our trip and they put a credit on our account.... we got photos taken at the photopass places all over (246 photos actually) and then when we got home I edited a lot of them and added borders, cropped and stuff and ended up with 419. I just orded the CD last week and according to UPS its enroute to my front door as I type this.

Strmchsr
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Because of my teaching schedule at Disney, we usually go down 3-4 times a year. Every time, no, it's not worth it, but once a year - absolutely. I think the Photopass folks have, in general, gotten better recently. We've gotten some really good pics and the boarders and unique "magic" shots are really awesome.

SuzieBell
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
It's always a part of my budget! Have done it every year and well worth it! We even had a photo CM spend 1/2 hour with us in DHS! They are awesome and as stated above, you can add borders. With just 3 of us - someone is always left out of a pic but with the photopass we are all in it! We actually hunt the photo people down and take all sorts of shots - some even silly! Don't forget to ask about Magic Shots! And the good thing is you actually have the rights to these pictures and can print them off!

faline
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
After the death of my parents, the value of pictures (memories) really came to the forefront for me. They had lots of pictures of places they visited (Grand Canyon, California, Nevada etc) but not as many pictures of them. From that time forward, I've become more of a fan of Photo Pass - I have lots of Disney pictures - but many of them are of parades, the Castle, etc. and not as many of the people on the trips. It's the people pictures that have the "real" value as memories!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
We are also big photopass fans.

We're a family of three, and I tend to take the pictures, so without photopass, I wouldn't be in many of the pictures at all. So, we always pre-order and take TONS of photos, so some always turn out just beautifully.

We've been able to find photopass photographers in little nooks all over the place, and some have even taken "non-standard" photos, especially when we tell them we're pre-ordered and love the pics.

BelleBeauty
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I think that the pre-pay is certainly a good value since you can amend your pictures with a lot of fun borders and graphics. I didn't do it this time, but looked into it and found out that if you pre-pay and then decide you don't want to get the CD after you return you are able to cancel the pre-paid reservation and get a refund.

brivers222
01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Recieved ours yesterday... all 428 photos were on the disk along with the release of rights so that we can print!