PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Questions

Brian McFan
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
1. How far is the Swan & Dolphin Resort from the Boardwalk. We have dinner reservations at Shula's.

2. What's the best way to get to the Contemporary Resort from the Boardwalk. We have breakfast reservations for Chef Mickey's three of the days.

3. Buses run to MK and AK and Downtown Disney. How do you get to HS and EPCOT if you don't feeling like walking?

4. Lastly, do you need reservations for Jellyrolls?

TinkerbellT421
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
1. How far is the Swan & Dolphin Resort from the Boardwalk. We have dinner reservations at Shula's.
About a five minute walk if that. Should literally take two minutes but let's call it five lol

2. What's the best way to get to the Contemporary Resort from the Boardwalk. We have breakfast reservations for Chef Mickey's three of the days.
Take a bus to MK and then either hop on the resort monorail or walk the walking path. Or take a boat ride or walk to DHS and take a bus to Contemporary from there.

3. Buses run to MK and AK and Downtown Disney. How do you get to HS and EPCOT if you don't feeling like walking?
Ferry Boat

Reservations not needed don't even think they accept reservations but I believe there is a cover charge.
:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
1. The Swan and Dolphin are VERY close to the Boardwalk. 5-10 minutes walk, depending on your pace.

2. To get to Contemporary from Boardwalk, take a MK bus, then either walk to the Contemporary or take the monorail. Allow about 45 min for this trip. But, you are eating at Chef Mickey's THREE mornings? Really? Can I ask why? There is a breakfast buffet at Cape May at the Beach Club, which is a 5 min walk from the Boardwalk. Why not change it up and try this one of the days, rather than doing three days at the same place? There are also character buffets at both Epcot and DHS, just FYI.

3. There are boats that run to Epcot and DHS from the Boardwalk if you don't want to walk. The walk to DHS is not that bad from the BWI, and the walk to Epcot is very short, so I'd not take the boat to Epcot unless you are VERY tired or the weather is bad, because the boat trip takes a long time!

4. No, Jellyrolls doesn't require (or accept) reservations. It's a nightclub. There is a cover charge after, I think, 8:30 or 9pm.

Yo Mickey!
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM

boardwalk is next door to the swan and dolphin.

3 days at chef mickeys? you can walk through epcot and get on the monorail to get to the contemporary via the ttc. or you can take the bus to mk and walk over.

the boardwalk is next to epcot, no need to do anything but walk. you can take the boat to dhs but the walk is about 10 min from bw if you walk behind the pool area.

jellyrolls is a good time.

Scar
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I recommend walking from the MK bus stop to the Contemporary. The walk is only slightly longer than the walk to the monorail is.

If you don't want to walk from Boardwalk to DHS, unless the boat is at the Boardwalk dock, walk over to the Swan and take the boat from there. Much quicker than the boat from the Boardwalk.

Brian McFan
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
This board is terrific. Thanks to all who responded. I took great notes. Much appreciate it!

pamickeys
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Cab ride to Contemp @$20 with tip

phlo8810
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
We always leave one hour before a chef mickeys breakfast and walk through EP and take the monorail. Never been late.

Always walk to EP. The boat takes much longer. We always walk to DHS which is about a mile I'd say and always beat the boat. I'm not in the best shape and one time we forgot our tix and I ran from DHS back to BW and Back to DHS in about half hour. Was out of breath and sweating but made it through the whole day without collapsing lol!

PopPhan
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
For those saying to walk thru EPCOT and take the monorail for Chef Mickey's....Since the OP is talking about breakfasts at Chef Mickey's, I would think that: 1) EPCOT may not be open, cutting out that option and 2) They may not want to use an MYW "day" to walk through EPCOT if the do not have Park Hoppers.

As other have said, Bus to Magic Kingdom, then walk to Contemporary or Caxi Tab (Thank you, Sonny Eclipse) to Contemporary would be your best options.