PDA

View Full Version : Splash open all year?

NokOnHarts
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I read that Splash won't be closing in Jan./Feb. like usual this year, can we count on it staying open (no refurb) for all of 2012? (The one downside to a January trip!) Planning on going mid November this year and don't want to miss it again. My daughter should finally be 40 inches, yay!! :D

linedropper
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Seems to be a yearly refurb at that time. We wnt in late jan in 2008 and it was down then too. love the ride!

Basket Mommy
01-09-2012, 08:29 AM
From what I have read, the only reason it's open in January this year is because Big Thunder Mtn RR is down for refurb and they didn't want both down at the same time. I don't know if they actually refurb it during January every year or just close it because it's cold and it's one less ride to staff, but if they do have to refurb it once a year, chances are it will be taken down another time during the year. Definitely not a peak time, I wouldn't think. Chances are good that if a refurb does need to take place, it would be fall when it's less crowded. But that's merely my speculation.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
From us January trippers, it's GREAT to have it open this year! No matter how cold it is, that will be our most frequeted ride this month. We have to pack in as many rides now, since we generally don't get to ride in January. Love it!

TinkerbellT421
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Because we are January trippers every year I have never even riden Splash Mountain so I am EXTREMELY excited to be able to! To think we almost would have missed being able to ride it again. Thank goodness we changed vacation plans! :thumbsup:

The rumor from a cast member a couple trips ago when he told me about the refurbishment of BTMRR that Splash will go down in December of 2012. But that could all be speculation or bad info from a CM.