PDA

View Full Version : Help very first cruise what do we need

Gayle
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
This is our very first cruise:D What do we absolutely need to bring. I do not not want to over pack, or not bring the right attire:mickey:Do we need cash, or will card suffice. Supplies etc DH will also be recovering from foot surgery also. Any help appreciated.:joy:

NJDad
01-08-2012, 07:11 AM
The only thing you might want cash for is tipping, although tips are included when you buy an alcoholic drink.

There is supposedly a night where you're supposed to dress up on each trip but there are enough people who don't that you won't feel totally out of place if you've got some sort of decent clothes to wear that night.

Auroring Good Time
01-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I'll give you an idea of what I pack. Shorts and t-shirts and flip flops for day wear. Don't forget the bathing suits. Something nice for dinner. For my son, this is usually a couple of pairs of pants and polo shirts. For myself, this is usually pants, skirt or summer dress. I bring 1 nice pair of black sandles to wear for dinner every night. We always change back into the shorts and flip flops immediately after dinner. The first cruise I went on with my aunt, she brought an entire suitcase of just shoes and never wore 1/2 of them. Don't overpack. Even with the frugal way I pack, I with often bring back something that hasn't been worn.

tinkman
01-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I agree....don't over pack. Casual wear. I would suggest at least one pair of long pants and a jacket though....depending on when you go the night air can get quite chilly. The ships are "cashless". You use your room key for everything, then at the end you can either pay off your expenses or let it charge to your CC.

ElenitaB
01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Don't forget singles for tipping room service. You can't "sign" for that tip. Don't forget sunscreen... it's ouchie expensive at the shops. Bring any supplies you'll need to tend to your DH's foot (gauze, tape, meds, etc). Don't forget to pack an extension cord with multiple outlets for charging your electronics. Oh, and a highlighter is nice for marking what you'd like to do in the daily Navigators. I also bring an over-the-door clear shoe organizer... makes it very easy to put things right near the cabin door and keep them visible.

sara114
01-17-2012, 07:46 AM
bottle of aloe gel for the sunburn also !

MarkC
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Another quick dress question-- we are going on a 7 day cruise on the Magic in just under 3 weeks to the western Caribbean. Do I (52 yr old male) need a suit for any evening? We are dining at Palo one night. I do have several nice shirts and slacks that I can bring, and wonder if those will suffice. Thanks.

ElenitaB
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
You don't necessarily need a suit for Palo, but you do need a jacket or blazer.

Gayle
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Thank you all, do they have a wheel chair available if we would need one if he gets tired:mickey: