PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Bakery

rafiki fan
01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
We are looking for something new in counter meals for us. What do you know about the Boardwalk Bakery for lunch or dinner? Also counter meals at Downtown? We love Wolfgang Express but what about Bongos? Is that a good counter meal? And how about Cooks of Dublin?

Thanks in advance!!:mickey:

Yo Mickey!
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
eh, boardwalk bakery is nothing special in my opinion. pre-made sandwiches and salads from what i recollect. we are there 2-3 times a year but rarely eat there because it is all pre-made for lunch.

ElenitaB
01-06-2012, 11:49 PM
We enjoy the Boardwalk Bakery's breakfast sandwiches much more than their lunch/dinner sandwiches and salads. It seems like you've identified some good places to investigate. Both Bongos and Cookes of Dublin are on our "to try" list.

brivers222
01-07-2012, 12:36 AM
we had a really nice light lunch there one day
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae149/brivers40/DISNEYmoon%20Day%209/IMG_0003-1.jpg

1 CS meal was Turkey Sandwhich, Cucumber Salad, carrot cake and a Diet Coke

The other two items were snacks.

TinkerbellT421
01-07-2012, 03:56 PM
havent tried bongos but Cookes of Dublin is a must do every trip for us! The shrimp basket all the way and the fried doh-bars are delicious! It's basically a fried snickers bar! :mickey:

Auroring Good Time
01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Cooke's of Dublin is delicious. We enjoy the fish & chips or the pies. My favorite is the chicken & mushroom pie. The wings are also very good.

Septbride2002
01-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I agree with what was said previously - I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at the Boardwalk bakery. It is nice if you are in the area but not something I would travel to the area for. That being said, if you are in the area - the food is pretty good. I'm a big fan of their mossarella and tomato pannini.

~Amanda

Faver
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Bongo's is delicious, it's a must do for us everytime and the atmosphere is really nice:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Cooke's of Dublin is delicious. We enjoy the fish & chips or the pies. My favorite is the chicken & mushroom pie.

Having been to Ireland and tried the food over there, I was pleasantly surprised at how closely this food resembles actually eating over there. The fish and chips are my favorite followed up by the chicken pie. One of my other favorites in Downtown Disney is the Earl of Sandwich. MMMM can't wait to go back.:cloud9: