PDA

View Full Version : Travel Packs

ColleenMcD
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
This will be my DDs (7 & 4) first major trip, first airplane flight and first trip to disney.

The Disney trip was their christmas gift from my parents.

For easter, I want to give them airplane packs. We are flying Jetblue, so i already picked up some cute headsets for them to use on the plane.

What else should I pick up for their flight?

and once we get into the park..what should they have with them daily? I don't think I want to take backpacks for them into the park because I will end up carrying it. what do you suggest (besides their refillable water bottles)?

gaffz70
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
For the plane I used to pack new coloring books, paper and pencils for drawing/hangman, fruit snacks to chew for their ears, DVD player/laptop with movies(loved the old Disney mickey and Donald movies).

For the park we only took one backpack for all of us. We let them buy one of those light up spinning toys the first day( bring the same ones each trip now) and it kept them entertained waiting in lines everyday. We also go in aug so we take the water spray fans which they love. I think we still used umbrella strollers at that age so we kept all park items, ponchos etc. in the mesh bags on the stroller. We also had chip clips w/ park maps attached. We never took DS's or games to the parks.

What a great present, you'll have so much fun!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Exactly! When DD was little, we'd do the "activity bag" thing for the plane (or car or train). Some new colouring books, some new activity books (American Girl has some great ones, as does Cracker Barrel), a book to read, and depending on the length of the trip, her DVD player and some movies.

At the parks, we take as little as possible, since you're right and the grown-ups end up carrying everything! We stuff some band-aids into DH's pockets, some Benedryl and we're off. For nightime activities, glow braclets/necklaces and a light-up toy is great.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm actually looking at a "crossbody" bag that will hold 2 ponchos, has a strap pocket to hold the MyKW cards. Will hold maps, autograph books, water bottles and the lemonade packets and the camera. Will probably get one for DD too, but she's much older.

ColleenMcD
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I've been looking for one of those too! i had found one a few years ago on the disney store online, but didn't buy it and now its gone!!

where have you found one?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
The one I'm looking at is the Baggallini Messenger Sling - my sister used it with her family of 4 one year at Disney and loved it.

Auroring Good Time
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
In the park, I always carry ponchos, sunblock, pain reliever, water, band aids and some kind of puzzle book. When my son was younger, mad libs always worked out. It made us all laugh. Now that he's older, he's addicted to his Ipod touch.