PDA

View Full Version : For those that have stayed Club Level / Concierge...

Tygger7
01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm already starting to "plan" our trip for May 2013 and since it's our 25th anniversary, we thought it might be nice to try staying Club Level at either the Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club. Either way, we're going to need a deluxe room (with 2 queen beds & a sofa bed) since our DD19 & her boyfriend will be traveling with us. My question is: are the amenities the same regardless of what resort you stay at, primarily the food & beverages available? My DH was worried because while he saw that beer was listed for WL Club Level, he only saw wine listed for Beach Club. Is beer available at any club level lounge? If so, what is normally available (Bud, Bud Light, Sam Adams, etc.)? Any other tips/info/advice would be greatly appreciated. :mickey:

SBETigg
01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I've stayed at the Beach Club, club level. They do have beer. In the evening, they put out wine and cordials and the fridge is well stocked with beer. I think I remember seeing Heineken, but not sure on brands.

You might find this Previous Thread on Beach Club, Club Level (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=178916) helpful.

Polynesian Dweller
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Food varies from resort to resort. The Poly CL evening food is Polynesian/Asian themed for example. Each chef at each resort does their own menu. Drinks are more common and there are a variety of beers available, sometimes you have to ask for on.

Tygger7
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the info & link...very helpful! I joked that my DH could get his money's worth on the beer alone. :D I really struggle with spending the extra money, since we could get 2 rooms at POR for much less money. Sounds like we could really supplement our meals, so we may be able to save money by not doing the dining plan. That reminds me...a little off topic, but still related. If annual passholder discounts are released, do they usually include Club Level accommodations? If we do the dining plan and have a TiW card, will they apply the discount towards items not covered on the dining plan, such as appetizers & alcoholic beverages?

BrerGnat
01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I've stayed CL at both the WL and Beach Club. Most recently, BC CL a few weeks ago.

They do have beer at both, and it's actually available any time you want, just ask a CL CM. The beer selection includes Bud and Bud Light plus a beer or two that fits the "theme" of the resort. At BC, they had Yeungling and Sam Adams (one of the seasonal winter ones). The WL will likely have some beer from breweries in the Pacific Northwest.

If you stay BC CL, and you are a party of 4, you can request a room with a daybed, but it's not guaranteed. You can book the actual Deluxe room, which does have a daybed, but it's more expensive. It's slightly larger, but not by much, and it's not on the same floor at the CL lounge/staff. These rooms are available at discount, although there are only a few of them, so might be hard to get.

At the WL, if you book a Deluxe room (which is a junior suite), there is a sleeper sofa in the parlor. These rooms are pricey, and NEVER offered at a discount. They are also not located on the same floor as the club lounge. The standard rooms at WL CL only sleep 4, with two queen beds (no daybeds at all at the WL).

Since you're going in May, and you're all adults, I'd recommend BC. It has a great pool for hanging out and cooling off, and the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios, and all the great restaurants around the area are a big plus.

If you want a more "adult" feel, the YC club level might be more your thing.

Hammer
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
That reminds me...a little off topic, but still related. If annual passholder discounts are released, do they usually include Club Level accommodations?

Club Level accommodations do offer Annual passholder discounts, at least at Grand Floridian. We received an AP discount when I stayed Club Level there in July 2010. I've heard of others getting discounts at other Club Levels.

Ian
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
We stayed Club Level once at the Poly and we thought it was the biggest waste of money we'd ever spent.

I know Club Level has its fans, but I think it's ridiculously expensive for what you get. You want food? Buy the dining plan. It's a heckuva lot cheaper!

Tygger7
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
We stayed Club Level once at the Poly and we thought it was the biggest waste of money we'd ever spent.

I know Club Level has its fans, but I think it's ridiculously expensive for what you get. You want food? Buy the dining plan. It's a heckuva lot cheaper!

We'd definitely go with a cheaper option, but we can't guarantee that we will get a room with 2 queen beds AND a day bed/sleeper sofa unless we get a Deluxe Room (which is Club Level). DD's boyfriend is coming along so we need the extra "bed". We thought about bunk beds at WL, but they're just too small & uncomfortable for a 13 night stay.

Polynesian Dweller
01-05-2012, 03:33 PM

I understand and in some ways you are right but only IMO if you look at it from the 'things' you get perspective. For us, there are a lot of intangibles that just make the stay better. No real value in dollars that I can attach but having done both ways we just feel like we've had a much better vacation in CL. It's how you feel after about the vacation afterwards that gives it its real worth and that will be different for different people.

Robbieligh
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Last summer we went to the Yacht Club for 1 night. We were surprised with being chosen as "Family of the day" and we were upgraded to the club level. It was very nice, but frankly, I can't believe that people pay as much as they do for that level. It sure would not be worth the price. The offerings were very scant. Even breakfast in the morning was pitiful. I would do the deluxe dining plan instead.

SBETigg
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
We'd definitely go with a cheaper option, but we can't guarantee that we will get a room with 2 queen beds AND a day bed/sleeper sofa unless we get a Deluxe Room (which is Club Level). DD's boyfriend is coming along so we need the extra "bed". We thought about bunk beds at WL, but they're just too small & uncomfortable for a 13 night stay.

If you went for a different resort, you could get a two queens and a daybed situation without paying extra. Not saying you want to do that. If you have your heart set on BC, go for it. It's a great location. But if you wanted to save, you could switch to Poly and have the set up you want without paying extra to guarantee it. Also, most likely at the GF and CR.

I did enjoy Club Level, though, and I thought the extra service and attention made it worth it for us. Not that I need it every time. And I certainly wouldn't do it just for the food, because, as Ian points out, there are cheaper ways to enjoy more food than you're getting with a CL stay. But if you want the pampering, the ease of having the offerings in the lounge, and the whole CL experience, it is worth it depending on your expectations and needs.

Tygger7
01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
After I posted this, it hit me that Poly had a 2 queen / sofa bed setup. I checked and it would definitely be cheaper, so now I just need to convince my DH to stay there. Every time we go over to the Poly (which is to eat), the main building has been PACKED...and unfortunately that has soured my DH on the resort. We're also considering "taking a chance" on booking a regular room at BC and crossing our fingers that we get a room with 2 queen beds & a day bed. We could bring an air mattress, just in case they couldn't accommodate our request. We're even considering 2 standard rooms at WL, as that would be roughly the same cost as Club Level at BC. I know we'd have a much better chance of getting a discount on a regular room versus a Club Level room...just so much to consider!!!

BrerGnat
01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
We've stayed CL twice at the BC and have always requested a room with a daybed. We are only 4, but our sons have Autism, and do NOT sleep well in the same bed.

We have been accommodated both times, no problem.

If you go that route, just make the request on yoru reservation, and it should not be too much of an issue. They do also have rollaway beds.

On another note, I don't know how big your daughter or her boyfriend are, but those daybeds are small. I'd say if either is taller than about 5''5", it's not going to be a comfy bed. That, and they are basically a piece of fabric stretched over hundreds of springs...in other words, it's a mattress that only a child could truly sleep well on. I could hardly stand to sit on it...

LilHooligan74
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge Club Level in April...I have heard good things and am very excited..I like to get my money's worth so I will report back if you have not made your final decision by then