PDA

View Full Version : Curious about on property stays for FL residents.

Terra
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
I've looked a little at the current pass holder/FL resident discounts. Sadly the dates they have the ones I have don't match. I'm in education so I have to go over our spring break.

I'm looking at March 13th through the 16th or 17th. I'm getting an online price for 3 nights at a value resort of $505. I orginally wanted to stay off property because of course it's way cheaper.

I would adore to stay on propertry for the "feel of it all" but $500 is a little much especially for 3 nights [although there ARE great benefits to on property stays].

Are their not any other FL/pass holder discounts just in general? We are season holders. Probably not, but it's worth asking question right ;) Off property I can stay 4 nights for $120, so it would be hard to justify $500. We are local but want a little more "vacation" feel since it's our first real vacation since DS #1 was born over 5 years ago.

TIA for any tips/input.

BrerGnat
01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I get a price of $386 for a STANDARD room at All Star Music or Movies for March 13-16 (3 nights), room only, using the special room only offer on the website. It's a 15% savings, apparently, for a price of $113.90/night. The time you want to go is Peak Season, so that's probably the best you are going to do unless you go over a long weekend at another time. As a teacher, can't you take one "personal day" on either a Friday or Monday at some point? If you can, you'll find a better deal during either value or regular season.

clausjo
01-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I suggest you call Magical Journeys. They're wonderful! I lived in Ft. Lauderdale until last year and always thought there was no need for a travel agent being that I lived so close. I was wrong! They're really great! They will find you all of your available options and, if anything better comes along before your trip, they'll automatically apply it to your reservation. Give them a try, you never know!

Melanie
01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Agree with clausjo. I live in the Tampa area and Wendy from Magical Journeys is my go-to gal. She finds all the best deals! :thumbsup:

brownie
01-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Agree with clausjo. I live in the Tampa area and Wendy from Magical Journeys is my go-to gal. She finds all the best deals! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Auroring Good Time
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
The Swan/Dolphin sometimes offers teacher/support staff discounts. This may still be pricey but, it's something to look into.

Terra
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you all so much for input! I could take a couple of personal days and have thought about it, I just hate to use some because with two young kiddos you know how it is with getting sick. I like to hold on to as many as I can. I do have about 6 days right now. I get a little nervous about taking a couple. I'm a dork ;)

I have so thought about using Magical Journeys to see. But I don't know "for sure" if I'm staying on property because it *would* depend on cost versus our budget and I hate to waste their time. I don't know if they do just quotes or if you have to commit to book no matter what. I don't want to make anyone upset ;)

I would so love to be on property. I need to decide quick whether I want to take those personal days or not! :

brownie
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I have so thought about using Magical Journeys to see. But I don't know "for sure" if I'm staying on property because it *would* depend on cost versus our budget and I hate to waste their time. I don't know if they do just quotes or if you have to commit to book no matter what. I don't want to make anyone upset ;)

It's a quote so you're not obligated. They do ask that if you are going to book onsite, that if you've gotten a quote from them you use them for booking. It's only fair, since they are only paid commission when booking.

The real advantage to using Magical Journeys comes down the road. If you book and a better discount comes out, they will work to have it applied to your reservation.

Terra
01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
It's a quote so you're not obligated. They do ask that if you are going to book onsite, that if you've gotten a quote from them you use them for booking. It's only fair, since they are only paid commission when booking.

The real advantage to using Magical Journeys comes down the road. If you book and a better discount comes out, they will work to have it applied to your reservation.

Ahhh, that sounds great then! I would have no issue with booking through them if we decide on property :)

Thank you! I really want to give my boys the full experience if we can!

Terra
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Small update!!

One of the ladies I worked with at my old job last year at my son's school also works at Disney. I asked if she'd be there when we are there and we'll stop at her attraction and see her. I told her I wanted to stay on property but couldn't find a rate in our budget.

Well she pipes up and says, give your dates and I may be able to get you my Friends and Family 40% discount.

So today she gives me the info....for the 5 days/4 nights we want...Just a little over $200 bucks! I have my $100 gift card. So after the gift cards we'd only have to pay a little over $100 for FOUR nights ON property!!!

I am so excited to be able to give my boys this chance! And my husband is STILL pretty stoked about it too! :) Shoot, off property was $120ish. So why not be in the thick of the action.

We'll be staying at the Pop Century!

BrerGnat
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Awesome!!! I'm glad that worked out for you. You guys are going to have a blast!

Terra
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome!!! I'm glad that worked out for you. You guys are going to have a blast!

Thank you! I can not wait for March to get here :) I've been looking at all the Pop Century photos on Trip Adviser. It looks so neat!

murphy1
01-15-2012, 01:11 PM
We love Pop, that and AS Movies and Music are our fave values. The boys will love it, it's such a kid friendly resort, the lake is nice there too. You even get a great view of fireworks on some of the property. You'll get the Disney magic and feel you are wanting, for less money. Food court is good too. You have to try the tie-dyed cheescake, Lindsey loved it!!

Shari

Terra
01-16-2012, 01:35 PM
We love Pop, that and AS Movies and Music are our fave values. The boys will love it, it's such a kid friendly resort, the lake is nice there too. You even get a great view of fireworks on some of the property. You'll get the Disney magic and feel you are wanting, for less money. Food court is good too. You have to try the tie-dyed cheescake, Lindsey loved it!!

Shari

I've been reading about that cheese cake!! :)

I'm really stoked about this. And as you've seen on FB, pouring over You Tube "tours" of it! :blush:

Oh which reminds me of a question. I *think* I've read that Pop doesn't share buses right? What does that mean exactly? That when taking the bus it won't stop at other resorts but go straight to destination?

I wish the frig rental wasn't so much a day. I think we're going to pass on that and get the OJ mini bottles that don't require refrigeration and pout them over ice in the morning and our have our nutri-grain bars with those ;)

murphy1
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, it just means it doesn't go to other resorts (AS resort buses share with each other), not sure if this is always true, so someone may want to say if this is not the case. If I don't have a fridge, I haul the cooler and keep it iced. I buy the milk in the boxes too (Parmalat, it keeps better and also Hershey's choc milk for the kids, it's a little more $$ than bottled, but it's only for trips we take). Loved your Epcot pics yesterday!!

KatrinaJ91
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Yep...Pop has its own busses and do not stop at any other resorts.

Terra
01-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, it just means it doesn't go to other resorts (AS resort buses share with each other), not sure if this is always true, so someone may want to say if this is not the case. If I don't have a fridge, I haul the cooler and keep it iced. I buy the milk in the boxes too (Parmalat, it keeps better and also Hershey's choc milk for the kids, it's a little more $$ than bottled, but it's only for trips we take). Loved your Epcot pics yesterday!!
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the shelf stable milk! I'm totally doing that! Thanks for the reminder.

And thanks for the compliment. It was a great girls day out :) Just walking around and enjoying the scenery!

Yep...Pop has its own busses and do not stop at any other resorts.

Thank you! This is great news!! I can not wait for March to get here!