PDA

View Full Version : Okay - Would you rather

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Rose and Crown OR 50s Prime Time??

SBETigg
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Rose and Crown. I love the atmosphere. I'm not so much into the idea of the role-playing at 50s Prime Time. It's just not my idea of fun.

FaithTrustPixieDust
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Have you eaten at either one before?

50's Prime Time is one of those places everyone should experience at least once. It's silly fun and the food is good.

Rose and Crown is more of a place you'd go back to over and over. Love the view and the atmosphere!

A Big Kid
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
The Scotch Eggs at the Rose & Crown just nudge out the peanut butter milk shake at the 50's Prime Time.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I've done 50s Prime Time with DH 3 yrs ago. DD has not. But I'm not 100% sure she'd enjoy it. But I know she'd love the Salmon at Rose & Crown - neither of us have been - sitting outside watching Illuminations on a June evening.

JROriole8Fan
01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Just ate there and had the best fried chicken I've had in years. The sampler platter is excellent as well. The British are not known for their food, so Rose & Crown doesn't compare, unless you are going for the "adult beverages" and view for Illuminations. If you are a foodie, 50's wins easily!

AllDisney
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
If you get the right waiter/waitress 50's Prime is a blast. I love the pot roast. Our daughter loves the chicken.

Not been to Rose N Crown for awhile but remember the prime rib was very good:thumbsup:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but my partial tomboy daughter decided that we should try Akershus for dinner that night - so 50s Prime Time ADR cancelled and Akershus made.

jnfr2424
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Order Fish and Chips at the window at Rose and Crown and take a seat in the back and listen in to all the fun going on inside - that's what we do!

mom2morgan
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I haven't eaten at Prime Time, but I DID enjoy Rose and Crown. If you can book it for an hour before Illuminations and then watch the fireworks from the outdoor area (available to all customers, even if not seated outside) it could be a really nice treat :-) The meal was good, our server was excellent, and since we were seated a little late he worked with us to time dessert around the fireworks (and offerend my 9 year old fish and chips, which strangely are NOT on the kids menu!)

mom2morgan
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but my partial tomboy daughter decided that we should try Akershus for dinner that night - so 50s Prime Time ADR cancelled and Akershus made.

oops - posted before I saw this! But you'll LOVE Akershus- we go every time (although now we go for the Nordic food more than the princesses ;-)

Pirate Granny
01-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I always take first timers to R&C for dinner and Illuminations. IMHO the food is not great and the service is average at best. Watching the fireworks from the outside tables is wonderful, but sometimes you will be eating "ash" with your meal if the wind is blowing in the right direction. I think the fish at the outside counter is good.

SBETigg
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Just ate there and had the best fried chicken I've had in years. The sampler platter is excellent as well. The British are not known for their food, so Rose & Crown doesn't compare, unless you are going for the "adult beverages" and view for Illuminations. If you are a foodie, 50's wins easily!

Interesting take. As a fellow foodie, I haven't seen many menus that interest me less than the home-cooking menu of 50s Prime Time. That and the schtick has made it a definite no for me. I would rather try the UK food, something different, and Rose and Crown is hit or miss on food but usually actually good. But if the food is worthy at 50s, I might reconsider giving it a go sometime.