PDA

View Full Version : Dining: Port Orleans

ColleenMcD
01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
(Not sure if it should be Dining or Accommodations since it is a little of both)

Looking online at a Disney Planning community - I see Sassagoula Float Works and Food Factory listed as a Dining option in Port Orleans...but can't find it listed anywhere else...

Is this an old site that hasn't been updated? trying to get an idea of what is available while we are there in August...

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Sassagoula Float Works and Food Factory is the fancy name for the food court at POFQ.

It is a good food court, at least we enjoy it, with a variety of choices and best of all, fresh beneigts!

One of the advantages of POFQ is that you are also so close to the food court at POR (which is larger), and Boatwright's, if you're in the mood for a sit-down meal at the resort.

ColleenMcD
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
So if we are staying at POR, is it worth the walk over to eat there?

mom2morgan
01-02-2012, 06:42 PM
So if we are staying at POR, is it worth the walk over to eat there?
We have not bothered to do so when we've stayed at POR, as it has a food court that meets our needs just fine. BUT if you have time, POFQ does have some different food offering, especially the famous beignets (little, light, powdered donuts). If you want to experience something different - could be worth hopping on the boat or taking a walk - but strictly to get yourself fed, I wouldn't bother.

ElenitaB
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
It's worth the visit if you want beignets or a po'boy sandwich. Otherwise the food court at POR is quite good, and has create-your-own pasta and create-your-own salads. :thumbsup:

btharvey
01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Having spent our last visit at POFQ, I'd say the food court is the only 'lacking' thing here. Everything else small-sized was very good. I didn't know about the POR food court until our last day, and boy, I wish I had -- I would have walked there every day for lunch and dinner. As for beignets, imagine a puffball thin layer of doughnut dough covered with about 1/2 cup confectioner's (castor) sugar. Have it once, but better for your system if you split it! ;)

WDWCrazyKaren
01-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Agree with the previous posters when they say it really isn't worth the walk unless you are planning on taking a walk! It really is a very pretty walk from POR to POFQ, but if you are only going for the food, it really isn't necessary. The beignets (or however the heck it's spelled) are quite tasty, but not worth it for the walk over.

However, the bartenders at both the inside bar and the pool bar are GREAT! If you fancy a seat at a bar for a bit, they will have a conversation with you about anything!

dismeag
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
last few trips we have stayed at POR the food court is very nice and yes we have enjoyed the walk there but it is just so crowed there in the mornings it's is just not worth it to go and fight the crowds so now we bring pop tarts, cereal, muffins and granola bars from home to eat them for breakfast in the mornings inside our hotel room that way we don't have to fight the crowds it is so much nicer and easier to do it this way and you are also able to get to the parks quicker this way :mickey: