PDA

View Full Version : Refurb at DL Hotel

Donalds Duckie
01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
We're going home to SoCal for a visit in mid-July. We're staying 2 nights (Fri-Sat) with family and 3 nights at DL (Sun-Wed)

Does anyone know when the refurb is scheduled to be completed at DL Hotel?

Does anyone know if AAA and/or AP rates are offere in July?

There's always HoJo's but it's hubby's first time to DL siknce 1965 and we are looking to stay onsite.

As always, any tips, suggestions, info you have to offer on DL is welcomed!:mickey:

Thanks!

BrerGnat
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
It doesn't seem like there is an answer to this question anywhere. I've been wondering the same thing. Originally, it was supposed to coincide with the DCA project completion date. Who knows, though. The resort is seemingly "done", but the pool that was all hyped up is really pretty disappointing, if it's truly done. So, who knows if it's really done or not at this point?

We have a hopeful trip planned for November. Trying to decide between DLH and GCH. Waiting on the DLH to be DONE before we decide.

AP rates are "standard" at 10% discount. Often, they will have a better deal, but not usually in July. That is "peak" season at DL.

LuvsTigger80
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi there!!

We were just at the hotel the first weekend of december...from the looks of everything....they seem to be done. All the rooms are done and we didn't see or hear any construction going on while there! And all the contruction walls were gone. However they were refurbing the monorail slides.Which i'm sure will be done by July..:thumbsup:

Natalie is right though...the pool is nice and big...but it seemed like they put alot of hype into it. Kinda miss the peter pan characters...:)

Melanie
01-02-2012, 03:09 PM
However they were refurbing the monorail slides.Which i'm sure will be done by July..:thumbsup:

:confused:

Aren't they brand new?

I'm sorry to hear thoughts that the new pool isn't really all that grand. I really enjoyed the Peter Pan theme of the old pool and didn't think it looked tired at all.

BrerGnat
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
:confused:

Aren't they brand new?

I'm sorry to hear thoughts that the new pool isn't really all that grand. I really enjoyed the Peter Pan theme of the old pool and didn't think it looked tired at all.

That was my thought. A refurb??? Already? They are only about 6 months old.

All they did with the pool is remove the slides and themeing. It's the same size, shape, and everything. They put in a new concrete pool deck, and that's about it. It's very plain looking. Sorely disappointing, for what they call the "E Ticket pool".

Donalds Duckie
01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks All! Intercot is the BEST!!! (Seriously, Intercot really is the best Disney fan site out there.)

It's between DLH & GCH for us too. And, we just moved up our travel dates (yay!). We'll be at DL May 6-9, 2012. I'm really hoping DLH and monorail is finished by then. I would love to stay at DLH and see the new rooms, pools, restaurants, etc. But if construction is ongoing, we'll go for GCH.

We're booked at WL Dec. 8-15, 2012 so it could be fun to stay at GCH in May and compare to WL in Dec. :cool:

So, does anyone know if we might find discounts in early May? We've got AAA and will have Premier AP on Feb. 5. Is AAA rate same as AP (10%)?

I agree with thoughts on the Pool. I totally expected a great theme to come with an E-Ticket pool.

I've stayed at PPH and DLH but never at GCH. Any suggestions on room/view at GCH. Which tower is best at DLH now that they've been renamed? Yikes!

I've been in TX 11 years now and still miss living in Pasadena and going to DL whenever I wanted.

Happy New Year Everyone!

LuvsTigger80
01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
That was my thought. A refurb??? Already? They are only about 6 months old.

All they did with the pool is remove the slides and themeing. It's the same size, shape, and everything. They put in a new concrete pool deck, and that's about it. It's very plain looking. Sorely disappointing, for what they call the "E Ticket pool".

Yup refurb!! I was sad it was closed...although it was kinda chilly to be in the water that weekend. We really enjoyed that area on our first stay there. It looked like they were trying to refresh the paint job on the actually monorails. they had someone out there scrubbing them all day long!and they were also doing some work on the actually slides. They had the whole area blocked off from the "e"ticket pool...:mickey:

NewDVCowner
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Yup refurb!! I was sad it was closed...although it was kinda chilly to be in the water that weekend. We really enjoyed that area on our first stay there. It looked like they were trying to refresh the paint job on the actually monorails. they had someone out there scrubbing them all day long!and they were also doing some work on the actually slides. They had the whole area blocked off from the "e"ticket pool...:mickey:

I was there just before Christmas and I heard, though it could just be rumors, that they're having rust issues with the new slides.