PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs

CynBeth
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Congrats to all of the teams that made the Playoffs. Good luck!

The Reservoir Dog
01-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Looking forward to the home stretch of the season.

I will go for a Saints v Patriots Superbowl.

brad192
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
If by some miracle the Lions manage to win over the Saints, THEN I'll get excited. ;)

tjstrike
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
"GO PACK GO" !!!!!! Would make for a great day at disney to see Aaron Rodgers and the gang at MK !!!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
GOOO PACKERS!!!!!!:number1:

I do hope the Lions beat the Saints.

CynBeth
01-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Congrats to the Texans and Saints from a Ravens Fan!

CynBeth
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Congrats Giants and Broncos!

RAIDER
01-09-2012, 03:33 AM
All enjoyable wild card games ....I thought the Broncos were dead and buried late in the 4th Quarter ..... The Texan game was a shocker for me though as they were brilliant :thumbsup:

Am looking forward to next weekend though :beer:

princessgirls
01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
The Steeler/Bronco game was football at it's best! Intense game from beginning to end!

Julie:mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
....so much for the new playoff rules for OT !! hahahaaaa!!! The Bronco's didn't even need 'em.....one play, one pass, one touchdown....OVER !!! GGGRRRRRRR ... maybe next year !!! GO PATS !!!:cool:

murphy1
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
GO TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Sorry had to do it, Florida girl and fan here :D

SBETigg
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
GO TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Sorry had to do it, Florida girl and fan here :D

Oh Shari, no. Not the Bwrongcos. :) Patriots, baby! Should be a good game.

Melanie
01-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Sherri, it's a rare day I pull for NE, but I will be this weekend. I'm up to my neck in Tebow down here in Florida and it's a little overwhelming. Sorry Shari! This is one thing we won't agree on. ;)

clausjo
01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm up to my neck in Tebow down here in Florida and it's a little overwhelming.

AGREED! I'm in a Denver suburb and he's all that anyone is talking about! People are "Tebowing" everywhere, songs on the radio, polls about divine intervention . . .

TinkerbellT421
01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Here's hoping for the Pats and the Packers in the Superbowl, that would be an AWESOME game!

Go to youtube and look up Conan Tim Tebow, it's the first link, it is HYSTERICAL (hopefully this isn't against TOS? Sorry in advance if it is)

murphy1
01-13-2012, 08:49 PM
LOL Mel! So many nutsos in FL that we love a good boy like Tebow when we can get 'em. It seems all my friends are divided on him. I thought the SNL skit was funny

PirateLover
01-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I admit to having Tebow fever. Hey, the guy finds a way to win! And, I'd rather see someone praying and thanking Jesus than doing some ridiculous end zone display, shooting himself in the foot, getting DUIs etc etc etc. It's about time the National Felons League had someone wholesome for kids to emulate. That and I hate the Patriots. Sorry Sherri! Now watch him get implicated in some kind of scandal and I'll be forced to eat my words.:foot:

Disney Hungarian
01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I used to be a fan of the Cowboys when Roger Staubach was the QB. Then I moved to Saints territory. Now I am a Brees fan. No more 'Aints with the paper bags for me. Proud of their record smashing year and think they are in it to win it. :number1:

Melanie
01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL Mel! So many nutsos in FL that we love a good boy like Tebow when we can get 'em. It seems all my friends are divided on him. I thought the SNL skit was funny

Did you see my status on FB the other night about Tebow and how I'd keep my opinion to myself? Ugh, I had to delete it got so heated.

I heard some great commentary on ESPN Radio this afternoon by Doug Gottlieb which I wholeheartedly agreed with. His whole point was enough with the 'Tebow's overcome so much, blah, blah, blah'. Overcome what? He was highly sought after coming out of high school by both Florida and (I think) Alabama. He won two national championships (one as a backup and one as a starter). He won a Heisman trophy. He was drafted in the first round. He had everything to lose. And listen folks, Denver isn't winning on his stellar play. Stats prove that.

On the other hand (and it pains me to point this out, because I'm not a Brady fan), Tom Brady has fought long and hard, overcoming many obstacles to be where he is today. No national championships as a starter, and battled hard with much anxiety and thoughts of transferring before getting the starting job at Michigan. He was drafted in the 6th round, and at one time was number 4 on the depth chart of NE QBs (yes, they had 4 QBs at one point). Only when Bledsoe go down did Brady get the chance to change NFL history. And that is someone who's TRULY 'overcome so much' to be where he is today.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Tim Tebow is a fine person. But please, he's far from the only "good" person in the NFL. With our national media like it is, of course all the bad is going to be highlighted and reported. Look at the junk we get everyday for the past 10 years (hmmm, Kardashian's come to mind) over our servicemen and women serving and dying daily in foreign lands.

But let me also say that I was sick and tired of hearing about Michael Vick the year he got in trouble as well. Any time a huge league like the NFL becomes all about one person, it turns me off. Plus, remember I'm down here in Tebow country and it's shoved down my throat each and every day. I'm just over it. I guess only time will tell how he does in the long run. So I apologize for my rant and you can ignore me now. :blush:

P.S. Go Pats!

murphy1
01-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Great points and I agree. I missed your post, perhaps you saved a transcript for me?? LOL. I have to agree on a lot of how people are making to much of a big deal of him and others. I think Chris (Strmchasr) had a post a few weeks I totally agreed with (Sandusky) where people prop up sports stars, TV personalities. One thing I won't argue--Joe Montana, he is forever the best :number1:

CynBeth
01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Congrats to the 49ers and Patriots!

CynBeth
01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Go Ravens!!!

Ed
01-21-2012, 06:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm not saying who I'm rooting for.

:D

missymouseworld
01-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Me either!:secret:

CynBeth
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Congrats Patriots!

SBETigg
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Congrats Patriots!

I'm happy for the win, but dislike winning that way. I feel bad for the Ravens kicker, and I really like the Ravens as a team. I didn't want the Pats to lose, but losing to the Ravens wouldn't have been very painful for me (only somewhat painful). Now, losing to the Giants... that one always gets me. They're going to be a tough team to beat.

CynBeth
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats Giants!

SBETigg,

I like the Patriots so even though we lost I am glad it was to your team. Thanks for your kind words. I will be rooting for you in the SB. No offense to the Giants.