PDA

View Full Version : DBF Won Fantasy Superbowl so "We're Going to Disney World" Pre-Trip Report

TinkerbellT421
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
So DBF won his Fantasy Football Superbowl :party: and when his friends asked what he was doing with his win, he proclaimed, "We're going to Disney World!!!!!!"

Well this trip was finalized months ago but it still sounded good, lol.

Cast of characters are:
DBF
Me

So, my first trip report I started years ago unfortunately never got finished because life got in the way at the time, so this one will be completed, promise :mickey:

This trip originally in the early planning process in January 2011 while we were still in the world and planning our next trip started off as being a land/sea trip. But to do that we were going to skip almost a year and go in December 2012. But, that plan changed at the 11 month mark when we realized A) we couldn't wait that long, we already had the vacation planning bug and B) we simply wanted to go twice in one year (holy cow what a great idea!). So here we are 20 days away from being there!!!!! Yay!!!! :cloud9: and then we start the crunch planning for our December trip seeing we can make reservations before we even leave for this trip. double yay!!! :thumbsup:

So here are the tentative details for now. May change while there except for one very special day!!!

Day 1; Saturday, 1/21: Approximately 11:30am:
Arrive at Boardwalk Villas!!! This is our arrival day so usually we don't plan much for parks, we do most of our unpacking and prep work for the week. So the plan is checking in and then depending on whether or room is already ready or not we may go to the room and unpack, that is if our bags are already there from Magical Express. If not we will go to Epcot and upgrade our current tickets of four day park hoppers to annual passes. Then we will go back to the room and head to Hess store down the driveway from Boardwalk and pick up our weekly supplies of beer, snacks, etc. for the room. When we get back we will probably unpack and or change and depending on whether hang out at the pool and have a couple drinks to unwind or even hang out in the hot tub, I love that hot tub. Then off to sleep for a full first day on Sunday.

Day 2; Sunday, 1/22:
Plans for this day right now are a little tentative depending on what happens with football. DBF and I are huge Patriots fans, and as of right now they are obviously in the playoffs, just depends on when they are going to be playing. For the past 180 days the plan has been that this day would be our first park day and being at Magic Kingdom for the extra magic hours and having lunch reservations at the Whispering Canyon (a first for us). But now with the Pats being in the playoffs that may change in the next week or so when we see what the playoff schedule is. So either we will be going to WC for 12:10pm and MK till as late as we can make it. Or, we will be canceling our reservation for WC and getting to ESPN as early as possible, scoring a seat at the bar to visit our favorite bartender Gina and watching and cheering on our team! and of course while being decked out in our Pats gear :number1:

Day 3; Monday, 1/23:
The plan for today is either to go to Animal Kingdom for the morning and then head to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom then Magic Kingdom. Depending on what happens on Sunday. We have no dinning reservations this day so I am sure I will come back with a report on how the walkup's are doing with the new policy.

Day 4; Tuesday, 1/24: The big day!!!!
Today is the day I have been looking forward to my whole life. This is something that has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. Dolphins are my favorite mammal in the whole world! DBF knowing this, has simply become, the best boyfriend in the whole world!! (don't think you will always stay out of trouble with this one honey). Back in September DBF surprised me by telling me for an early Christmas present that he bought us a reservation for Dolphins in Depth at Epcot!!!! I cannot even type into words how excited I am for this!! I cannot wait to report how that experience was! yay!!!! :cloud9::party:
Then after this we do not know exactly what the plan is, we also have no dinning reservations today either so we will let you know what happens with walkup's.

Day 5; Wednesday; 1/25:
Today we are planning an Epcot day. We have dinning reservations at Biergarten for 12pm, this will be a first for us. We planned on doing this last year but plans had changed we had to cancel, so looking forward to this this year.

Day 6; Thursday; 1/26:
Today we have no set plans, for parks or dinning. More than likely this will be a good day to get my shopping fix at DTD and have a few margaritas while walking around and stop by the house of blues. We may meet up with a friend that works at disney and have a drink with her and dinner. Either way this will be a very fun day for sure.

Day 7; Friday; 1/27:
Today we don't have any set plans for parks but we do have a dinning reservation at O'Hanas for 5pm. We were thinking about doing this after Dolphins in Depth on Tuesday but when we tried calling last week (it was a last minute decision lol) there were no reasonable times left, I think it was at 9:30pm or something crazy like that. So for now it remains on this day. We originally wanted to go earlier than this day because this is the last day before we leave so the depression of it sets in, but we at least have a reasonable time so it will stay unless we can change it when we get there.

Day 8; Saturday 1/28:
Our last day :( We have a breakfast dinning reservation for Garden Grove at the Swan for 8:30. Then we will do some walking around maybe some shopping until we have to be ready for magical express pickup around 3:30. So depressing to even think about. But the good news is when we get home we can start the tentative Planning for our December trip!!!! something to look forward to!

DBF plans on bringing his iPad so depending on if he does and how busy or tired we are I might do live updates. See you soon!!!

faline
01-01-2012, 08:39 PM
You have a great trip planned! Can't wait to hear all about your Dolphin encounter! What a great gift!!

Dopey's Girl
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Your last Disney day is my first! We will be in the Tampa area 1/21-28, so hopefully you will get to post some to pump me up!

Have a great trip!

yjgirl32
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Have a great time.

TinkerbellT421
01-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks!! We just got off telephone with dinning and when we arrive for our annual pass we will also purchase the tables in wonderland (a first for us) to see how that works out going for twice in one year. And I forgot to mention that we were going to welcome home Wednesday.

TinkerbellT421
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
15 days!!!! :mickey::cloud9:

CanadianWDWFan
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Great times ahead!!

Got to LOVE the TiW card. For us it is the single most important thing to take to WDW.

SBETigg
01-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds great! Go Pats! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Sounds great! Go Pats! :thumbsup:

:mickey::thumbsup::number1:
Pretty sure it is going to be the Pats and Green Bay for the superbowl in my opinion lol, which I would be really excited for because that will be an awesome game!

10 days!!!!!!! GAHHHHH I CANT TAKE IT LOL

TinkerbellT421
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!! 8 DAYS!!!!! :joy::woohoo::party2::clappy::trio::cheer::minnie: :mickey3:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the report

TinkerbellT421
01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Ok, now that it is confirmed that the Pats are playing this Sunday (yay!) We have rescheduled our Whispering Canyon ADR to Monday and plan on spending most the day at ESPN Club (double yay!) MMMMM I can taste the beer :beer: and the Homerun Hot Dog now....:eat: