PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Pirates League Expert

ColleenMcD
01-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Traveling to WDW in Early Aug w 2dd's (7 and 4)

DD4 is all for anything princess, so BBB is already in the works..

DD7 is such a tomboy that even the thought of taking her to watch her little sis makes her shudder. So I think Pirates League with a "boy pirate" makeover is on her must do list...

What types of merchandise is available at the PL?
I can find lots of info about ala carte bbb purchases, but not PL...

besides the basic package pricing, what is there to add??

Thanks!:pirate:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I am far from an "expert", but my DD is exactly the same. She REFUSED to do the BBB, but was excited about Pirates League.

It was amazing! I was shocked at how little the cost was (well under $50), and very little else to buy. There were t-shirts, but nothing DD loved, so we easily passed on that.

They pick a package, get to find out their pirate names, get all transformed and then get a photo shoot. All in all, it was tons of fun and DD will do it again on our next trip.

Since they can pick their "transformation", there isn't a need to buy much else, there is a "girl" makeover, but DD would have none of that and looked great as a "boy" the rest of the day. Her package included a bandana, the sash and sword, clip-on earing and the nastiest looking false teeth ever! The photo package was a good price, and it could be added to photopass, so we did that ... still under $50 for the whole experience.

It was super, she will LOVE it!

ColleenMcD
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Sounds like the Pirate Daughter is getting the better Disney Deal...

But are there things like hats and extras to purchase? We plan on bringing a "costume" for Princess Daughter, and plan on letting her do the mid-level package adding possibly a crown and a wand.

As different as they are, if one thinks the other is getting more it will make for one blow up of a day!

kakn7294
01-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Our DD did the Pirates League thing a couple of summers ago. She did the girl pirate and looked so cute - there's a bandana, eyepatch, earring, and some girlie makeup. I thought the price was very reasonable, especially when compared to BBB. There were a couple of costume options available at that time but we didn't buy anything extra so I can't really recall what. There are always hats, guns, and swords available in the adjacent gift shop. We did buy the picture that they take at the end - it was just too cute to pass up!

Strmchsr
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
They have a big range of stuff, but it's mostly stuff you already find in the POTC gift shop - hats, wigs, pistols, swords, costumes, etc. You can go all out if you want, but I think the vast majority of folks buy their costume ahead of time and you wear it to the PL. There's no place for the child to change clothes there, so whatever you come in is what you'll have your pirate picture made in. One "extra" that you can get is that after your little pirate is all made up she is taken into a secret treasure room for a private photo shoot (you can go too). Then you can purchase the pics (and if you purchase them you can put them on your Photopass card, too so that you'll have a digital copy). I normally never buy these extra pics, but it's really neat and they came out looking awesome for my son.