PDA

View Full Version : Towncar Help

Mr. Brass Bonanza
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
We want to rent round-trip towncar service. Any suggestions on the best to use? We will be four adults and two children, and want to just hop in a car/limo and head straight to the resort.

One question...are car seats for little ones (five years old) required?

Thanks!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
12-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Call Quicksilver! An ICOT sponsor!

VWL Mom
12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
We have used Quicksilver numerous times and are always pleased with their service. Gregory and his staff are great!

For a party of 6 they also offer SUVs and they do have child seats to reserve. I'm not sure of the weight/age limit for FL but I'm sure they can tell you.

BrerGnat
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
One question...are car seats for little ones (five years old) required?

Thanks!

Technically, according to FL law, no.

However, my feeling on the matter is that if you use them while driving at home, you should do the same on vacation. That's a long drive on busy highways to WDW from the airport. I wouldn't do it with my 5 year old unrestrained.

Jillirose
12-31-2011, 02:15 PM
We've used Quicksilver numerous times, they give you a 30 minute grocery stop on the way to the resort. We get waters, cereal, snacks, milk, etc. I think it's $50 each way.

kaylamag
12-31-2011, 03:18 PM
We used Quicksilver in to go to IOA a few weeks ago. We didn't have the best experience. I probably won't use them again, although I will probably not need to leave Disney property again either.

DreamFinder2
12-31-2011, 05:21 PM
We want to rent round-trip towncar service. Any suggestions on the best to use?

We have used Happy Limo many times and are always very pleased with the service. They are great about communicating w/ you (last time we arrived "after hours" and they called us while we were waiting for our flight in Chicago and gave us the driver's cell #, in case we had any trouble) and will also provide a grocery stop.

We've spoiled ourselves with a town car for the exact reason you stated...you hop off the plane, there's someone there to help w/ the luggage, you hop in the car and you're delivered to the door of your resort. It's a great way to start (and end) a vacation!

NJDad
01-01-2012, 07:46 AM
We've had good success with Tiffany over the years, tried Happy last time and it wasn't the happiest ride ever, but it did the job.

BugeyedMuggy
01-01-2012, 08:38 AM
We use Quicksilver every trip. We have never had a problem and when our flights are delayed they are always aware and there on time. We love the grocery stop for wine and beer and breakfast items. Saves some money. If you have 5 people with luggage and are doing a stop they have a van which may give you more room than the Escalade. The towncar fits 4 but with luggage it can be pretty tight.

DizneyRox
01-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Happy Limo service fell off shortly after they stopped sponsoring this site. I used them quite a few times and they got me there, but service was falling off pretty significantly towards the end.

Used QuickSilver a couple of times and they were good.

MonoMan
01-01-2012, 10:34 AM
We had a very bad experience with Tiffany years ago and have used Quicksilver ever since. We have never had anything but outstanding service. They will provide a car seat and grocery stop, but you have to request it when you make the reservation. We usually bring our own car seat because we want to have it just in case we need it for a taxi ride. Have a great time!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
01-02-2012, 10:24 PM
It's funny that nobody mentioned IBEX, which I used to use years ago. There must be a reason. :) I never had a problem with them, but I went with advice here and booked a van with booster seats with Quicksilver. The grocery stop is awesome. My wife was so happy to find out we wouldn't have to pack juice boxes and cereal bars and stuff like that.

Thanks for the great advice!