PDA

View Full Version : Traders Sams and Tangaroa Terrace?

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Has anyone tried these new places at DL Hotel? What did you think? Are these table service places?

BrerGnat
12-30-2011, 10:18 AM
No, they are not table service. Trader Sam's is a bar. Tangaroa Terrace is a Quick Service location.

I've eaten at TT. It's a quick service place, but when you order, you use an on screen kiosk. You get a number when you pay, and they bring the food to your table when it's ready. They use real plates and silverware too, so it's sort of a QS/TS hybrid. They will get you refills on drinks if you ask. It reminds me of Wolfgang Puck's Express at WDW. And, the food was really good!!! Seating is outdoors, for the most part, on the patio shared with Trader Sam's next door.

Trader Sam's is a themed bar. It's tiny inside, but there is plenty of seating both inside and outside. There is waitstaff that will take drink orders. The food available is some of the same stuff available at Tangaroa Terrace, plus some additional appetizer type things. Most food is "Hawaiian/Island" themed.

Both places are worth checking out!

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks! Tiki Bar certainly looks like fun drink stop. I saw a few pictures online. It looks like they made some nice improvements to the Disneyland Hotel since we last visited.:mickey:

meldan98
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Trader Sam's is a lot of fun. My friends and I went when were down there for D23 and actually got to see John Lasseter and Bob Gurr and many other Disney Execs.

I don't recommend ordinger the big drink that is meant for sharing. It wasn't very good at all. Be sure to go when it's busy to see all of the special effects.