PDA

View Full Version : DL and DCA Memorial Day Weekend

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Are crowd levels completely crazy over Memorial Day weekend/Memorial Day? We have not been to DL in 3 years. We are travelling to Aulani/Hawaii the Tues after Memorial Day. My DH has suggested we leave Saturday and spend Sat-Mon at Disneyland before flying on too Honolulu. :mickey: Certainly don't want to pass up that offer. What can we expect for crowds and for weather this time of year?

BrerGnat
12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Lucky! What a great sounding trip!!! I'm jealous...

Anyway, yes, it will be crowded, but it's not so bad that I'd tell you not to go. You might get a sneak preview of Carsland! Go, prepare for crowds, but plan to have a blast. Weather that time of year is usually very nice. You might get some of the "June gloom", of foggy/cloudy/drizzly mornings, but the sun should come out by mid morning most days and stay out. Temps average in the 65-75 range.

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Wow, Carsland! Last time we visited, I believe the are had just been sectioned off for work.
Thanks, we are celebrating my husband's 40th with our DVC points so we are really excited about the trip. When he mentioned a DL stop I was so thrilled! I think with three days we can take our time and not worry too much about the crowds. This works out perfect since we're all off for the weekend anyway, and I haven't bought our air yet.