PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some great buffets

Catzle
12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
We have been to Ohana's and chef mickey's and the crystal palace looking for some new places this trip.

Two children 10 and 13 both girls

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
We love the Cape May Clambake at the Beach Club. It is seafood like clams, mussels, crab legs but they also have beef and things for kids, corn on the cob, etc. My boys 13 and 14 love it, we've eaten here several times in the past few years.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Biergarten and Tuskerhouse are 2 favorites with my family.....as is the Garden Grill (not technically buffet - family style).

TinkerbellT421
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
I think your kids will absolutely adore Akershus seeing their age and that they are girls. I found it to be a hidden gem for a great character family-style buffet with the princesses for breakfast haven't tried for dinner. 1900 Park Fare was a decent breakfast buffet we haven't tried it for dinner. Cape May is a great dinner buffet haven't tried it for breakfast. Poly's family-style buffet was good food the show was a take it or leave it, it wasn't great but worth the try once. I think it depends on your taste because I have seen some some people rave about it but it just wasn't DBF and I's cup of tea. Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a great and fun family-style buffet. Those are just the ones I can think of that we have tried so far. You didn't specify if it mattered if it was family-style buffet or walkup buffet so figured I would include those anyway. :mickey:

IamBelle
12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I think that Akershaus is fantastic for breakfast!! They have such a great variety of foods. We took a picture with a princess (It was Belle at the time), and they gave it to us for free!! (We went a few years ago...can someone confirm if they still do this?)
1900 Park Fare is also a very good breakfast...I love the strawberry soup! I have been there for both Breakfast and Dinner and prefer the breakfast buffet.
I also really enjoy Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It has very different food from the standard Disney buffet, but also has menu items that kids would like. I love the soups and the zebra domes for dessert...it is a must do for me every trip!!

CleveSJM
12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
... Cape May is a great dinner buffet haven't tried it for breakfast. ...

I've done both and the dinner is great, especially if you like crab legs. They are fresh and steamed to perfection. Crack the shell and the meat pulls out perfectly every time... YUM!

:eat:

disneynarula
01-02-2012, 05:03 AM
We really love Boma. What we like best about it is the more "exotic" choices. It's not your typical buffet. They still have choices for the less adventursome. My son is a very picker eater and he like it because the had pizza and chicken nuggets. They also have some nice African items.

snowflakegirl
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I also really love Bo a. It wasn't your "typical" buffet food, but had enough selection that I felt like less adventurous eaters would be satisfied as well. The soups are incredible! Its definitely a must.do dinner for us. We also had the character breakfast at Tusker House the last trip and both my boyfriend and I really enjoyed the food. I haven't tried it for lunch, so I don't know how that is.

DizneyRox
01-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Biergarten is nice, although picky eaters may not like it. Garden Grill is yummy, but EXPENSIVE! I can't recommend the clam bake either for the same reason, it's just too darn expensive.

Donald's Safari Breakfast and Boma are two great breakfast ideas, lunch at Biergarten is reasonable, and dinner at Trail's End is usually good and affordable.

TheVBs
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I think that Akershaus is fantastic for breakfast!! They have such a great variety of foods. We took a picture with a princess (It was Belle at the time), and they gave it to us for free!! (We went a few years ago...can someone confirm if they still do this?)

Yep. We were there a few months ago and a picture with Belle was included with our meal. :mickey: