PDA

View Full Version : What is the Wishes Dessert Party?

Catzle
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Saw someone was inquiring on price but have never heard of it.

faline
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
It takes place at the Tommorrowland Terrace. Basically, for a fee, you get entry around an hour before the fireworks, get a buffet of desserts and beverages and get to watch the fireworks from this location.

Catzle
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Is it worth it?

Catzle
12-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Is this something new? how is the view?

faline
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Personally, I've never done it. Hopefully, those who have attended will share their experience soon!

ColleenMcD
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I have been wondering this as well...traveling with two grandparents, 7yr and 4yr daughters....and what are the prices?
:confused:

Katzateer
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
We used to sit in the location they use for the dessert party to watch Wishes. Now it's closed unless you pay...

The view for Wishes is great but you can not see the parade.

For the price I would rather go to the California Grill for a viewing and pay for dessert there!

Catzle
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Are you inside or outside?

IamBelle
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I have been 3 or 4 times and LOVE it!! It is definitely worth the price because you don't have to wait on crowded Main Street to watch the parade. It is basically outside, but you have a awning-like roof hanging over you, so you are sheltered from the weather but still can see the fireworks. You feel like a VIP...you get to eat as much dessert as you want as the parade goes by, then you get to watch the fireworks in a great spot!! The desserts are wonderful, I highly recommend the mango shooters, chocolate covered strawberries, mini cheesecake, and the pistachio creme brulee. If you decide to go, I would either skip lunch all together or just have a snack because you would want to get your money's worth of desserts!...It is a very special experience, I would try it at least once!!

Catzle
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
How do you sign up for it?

Scar
12-30-2011, 09:10 AM
How do you sign up for it?http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/

disneynarula
02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
So do you see the parade or not? One post says yes and another says no.

IATwinsMom
02-04-2012, 01:58 PM
We did the Dessert Party in September and it was the highlight of our trip! It is a must do for us on every trip now. You cannot see the parade from the viewing area, so we do not plan on seeing the parade on the evening we do the party. I agree that is the downfall, but I think it is well worth it!:mickey:

SuzieBell
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I really want to do this, but I'm afraid I would get such a stomach ache from eating all those sweets! :sick: IamBelle, did you skip lunch and eat a dinner afterwards? Is it too much? did you try everything? Not that I've never eaten dessert for dinner before....:D