PDA

View Full Version : So excited! Finally convinved DH to do a....

Terra
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Disney Vacation!!!! [Even though we only live 40 minutes away! ;)].

He is not the Disney lover that I am and said he'd go when the boys are older and can really enjoy it. They are now 3.5 and 5. So I told him I'd like to plan something over my spring break [I work in the school system]. And he was all for it!!! He loved that the boys are older now and is excited to enjoy it with them!

And let's face it. The joy on our children's faces is what makes it all worthwhile!

I'm great about finding deals and doing it ever so cheaply too! Thank goodness for the Florida resident monthly payment plan. We have season passes. And we are staying off property at a hotel I've stayed at a few other times. Just your basic one. But it's only going to cost $120 for 4 nights!

I always pack most of our own food, eat breakfast in the room. Pack the boys lunches for the parks [because they just don't understand the "good Disney food" yet ;) And we are going to eat one nice meal each evening.

We'll be arriving on Sunday March 10th. Do DTD that evening with T-Rex Cafe fun! Then the parks Mon-Wed. Probably EPCOT, MK, and Animal Kingdom :)

I'm just excited that finally my DH is on board.

I go quite often anyway [like I said myself and the boys have seasonal passes. Just going to get my DH the 3 day pass].

But what fun tips, budgeting tips, etc do you have? I've estimated we'll spend under $500, room included! Not bad!

Oh and I have some Disney gift cards from the holidays!

IloveDisney71
12-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Congrats on getting your husband to go! I bet once he sees how much fun your kids have he'll become a Disney convert and become a Disney season pass holder too!:thumbsup:
It sounds like you are already doing a lot of budget saving tips - I don't have any more to add.

Terra
12-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks! I hope he does. It's truly so different going with children. I went for about 15 years as an adult before having children and it was grand. But when my sons were born it was a 'whole new world' so to speak ;)

I'm also really loving how we can make dining reservations online now! So easy.

DVC2004
12-30-2011, 10:07 PM
How exciting!!! I am very happy for you guys! SOunds like you have a great plan going already. I can't wait to read your trip reports!:mickey:

Terra
01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks!! I wish it was March already! :mickey:
Now it's just deciding where to eat for a couple of our "nice" meals!

I was thinking OHana, but I know the boys adore the castle and would probably love to eat there too!

LudwigVonDrake
01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Have a great time!!! :tink:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Great deal!

minnie04
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
My husband used to be a Debbie downer too about going so many times ...lol. when the kids were smaller, but every time we went he would say "next time" we have to do this or that, and that was my key word to plan something again and again... and then again..LOL, now he is totally on board and likes to go back... just have to give them that little push :mickey:

Terra
01-05-2012, 08:30 AM
That is great! I think he's going to be surprised at how much fun it is with children, and how great it is through their eyes :)

I'm not hyping it up with him either, so as to not build any type of biased hopes! :D I just chat with you all about the excitement. He has no idea how many back flips I'm doing inside! lol.

Oh and the great thing is one of the teachers at my son's school also works at Disney World part time. We started chatting and she said she's going to see if she can get me the Friends & Family 40% discount on an on property hotel. So if that can be done, our dream of staying on property just may happen! :)