PDA

View Full Version : Cheap eats?

Diznut
12-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Any tips on where/how to eat cheap in the Disney parks?
Thanks!

DizneyRox
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Sorry, doesn't really exist any more...

The best you can do is share lunches...

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Counter service will be way to go, but you will still pay in upwards of $50-$60 for a family of 4. I have seen some families bring their own food , I am assumming they packed in their backpacks. If you are staying onsite you might want to consider a dining plan option.

All of the parks have good counter service options. Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Rays at MK are good, and the Barbecue place at AK is good. Epcot has terrific options along the countries of World Showcase, we love Cantina de San Angel (Mexico). I know HS has some places but we usually don't eat there.

DVC2004
12-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh and like Rox said, you can share lunches if you aren't big eaters.

disneymom15
12-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Earl of Sandwich in DTD is very affordable. Food is very good.

SBETigg
12-29-2011, 02:27 PM
You could get by with having one big meal a day and snacks around that. It's cheaper to do table service for lunch. Splitting meals is always an option. And of course, quick service dining is more affordable than table service, and some of the quick service venues can be just as exciting and filling as a table service meal, like Tangierine Cafe or Flametree BBQ.

Yak and Yeti quick service offers chicken fried rice and spring rolls as snacks, which can make a nice little meal when split between two people.

ElenitaB
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
If you don't mind splitting a CS meal between two people, you can certainly lower your food budget that way. If you go the burger route, many places offer a double burger (cheese, bacon, etc.). You could ask for (and pay a small charge) for an extra roll, and if need be, get an extra order of fries.

The rotisserie chicken meals offered at Sunshine Seasons (Epcot) and Cosmic Ray's (MK) are rather big and could also be shared.

Other meals that could be shared that come to mind are the platters at Tangierine Cafe (Epcot) as they have lots and lots of food and a wide variety of it. Also, just about anything served at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD could easily feed two people... those portions are HUGE!

Another way to lower your food budget is to bring breakfast items with you: cereal or protein bars, packets of instant oatmeal, cold cereal.

If you do chose to do a sit-down lunch at a TS location, you might consider a late seating at a buffet lunch. Lunch is always less expensive but I've never found that the food is of poorer quality.

Have fun planning! :mickey:

kottesen
12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I was just there and actually saw a couple bring in a soft sided cooler filled with food and a store bought gallon of water. I am assuming that they got a locker to put it in so they didn't have to carry it all. Very thrifty!

LVT
12-30-2011, 09:17 PM
To reduce snack costs we bring a lot of non-perishable items. Each person then packs what they wish in their belly bag or pockets.

We split breakfasts most days. The standard adult meal is huge. We start off with 2 or 3 and share 4 ways.

We have taken done the stuff in lockers. The large ones will hold 12 can soft sided coolers.
No glass or alcohol.

mechanic
12-31-2011, 02:26 PM
At world showcase we go to counter service locations and order kids meals. Also some cs places really aren't that pricey. Pecos bills. Casey's. Columbia harbor house.