PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express

wendybird
12-28-2011, 11:28 PM
We have a few days at the resort prior to our cruise and are participating in Magical Express, does that mean that after the cruise, our luggage will go to the airport via Disney and we won't deal with it until we reach our final destination??

CleveSJM
12-29-2011, 01:11 AM
No, I don't think so. Magical Express is just for the Airport to the WDW Resorts.

You have to pay for a WDW Resort to Cruise transfer for that bus ride. If you did, then they will handle your bags from your resort to the ship and them from the ship to the airport if that's your route.

Ed
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Steve is correcct.

Magical Express is strictly between the airport and WDW.

DCL provides transportation between the airport and the port and also between WDW and the port. ME is a free service, but DCL service is not.

If you opt for DCL transportation, then they will pick you and your luggage up at WDW, take you to the port, then pick you up after the cruise and take you back to the airport (or WDW if you're going back there).

MarkC
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
If you are looking at transportation from the resort to the cruise ship and/or the cruise ship back to the airport, you should look into a one day, one-way car rental. We are doing so for our cruise in February and its surprisingly affordable. We are using Hertz but you can check others. I called the location in Cape Canaveral and they are only about a mile away and have a shuttle that runs back and forth from the terminal. It will save you a lot of money if there are 2 or more of you. Its worth checking out at least and then you have more freedom of your own time.