PDA

View Full Version : Legoland a one-time trip for us

kottesen
12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
We went because my 11 year old is crazy about legos. Now that we've been there we don't need to go back.
The highlights: Tiny Town is really amazing. There were lego depictions of Las Vegas, DC, NY, Miami Beach, etc. So amazing how they built everything to perfectly. Really liked this area of the park.
Apple Fries. So delicious!!! Each fry tasted like apple pie. The burgers they sell at the park are also very good. Food is cheaper here than Disney.
The downside:
Coastersaurus barely fit our butts! My skinny teen son sat with me (size 14) and we barely fit. My pooh-size husband and 11 year old had the same problem in their car. Yikes! How'd they get that wrong! We've not ever had this problem anywhere else.
Lego Factory was a disappointment. Really dumbed down. My 11 year old was not impressed. The younger kids probably loved it, though.
Probably the biggest downside was the rain we had to contend with during our visit. If the weather had been better we would have had a better time. I'm sure of it.

NJGIRL
12-29-2011, 09:25 AM
How were the rides? Were they worth the trip?
As far as the rain goes, that could happen anywhere. I felt the same way when we were at EPCOT this past Oct. It was pouring and I couldn't wait to leave.

kottesen
12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
We only went on two rides. Coastersaurus and a dragon roller coaster. They were both fun. Not too scary; appropriate for younger kids (there was a 40" height limit). Like I said before, though, Coastersaurus was a tight fit for us.

BowTie7
12-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Note that Coastersaurus is a junior wooden coaster that's not designed to hold two adults, usually an adult and child will fit, but many adults will need a bench to themselves.