View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day Seven

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Cast-

Me-Amy Age 42
DM-Patty-Age 64-First trip with a scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan:"-17-graduates this year

Friday, December 23 1900 Park Fare, MK and Checkout

We get up and contact bell hop to load up the car. We finalize our check out with no problems and head over to the Grand Floridian for our 1900 Park Fare Breakfast.

We are seated and the characters start rotating while we are eating...we saw Tigger, Alice, Mary Poppins, Madd Hatter and Pooh.
There was a funny moment when the Madd Hatter came by and my son was up getting food. He asked my DS name and preceeded yelling through the restaurant, Brett where are you:? Are you still in the bathroom, you've been there five hours?:thedolls: Everyone is cracking up and after about three times yelling this my son finally hears him and hurries over to applause by everyone in the restaurant.

After breakfast, we head back to MK to ride Haunted Mansion one last time and then to the candy store on Main St. to use our unused snack credits for candy to bring home. We return to the Lodge get our car and head out. We used mapquest for directions and end up lost. We have to stop and ask for directions to 429 and finally make our way out and to Lake City to spend the night. We stopped at a cute little Country Inn, ordered some yummy take out pizza and settled in for the night. We got home the following day around 3pm.

Next up...Final thoughts....

faline
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
How funny that the Mad Hatter was hunting down your son!! Great Disney moment!

And now, your trip is over! It just always goes so quickly, doesn't it??!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes, it went by so fast it doesn't even feel real. The Madd Hatter really made the trip for us I think.:mickey:

faline
12-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes, it went by so fast it doesn't even feel real. The Madd Hatter really made the trip for us I think.:mickey:

It's always wonderful to have a particularly terrific experience!!

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2011, 07:39 AM
The Mad Hatter story is great!

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear your last day and check out went so smoothly. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is a nice last meal with fun character interactions! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
We had a blast at 1900 Park Fare.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Love the Mad Hatter story.

I've used MapQuest in the past and very often had bad directions. We now use a GPS and have never had that issue of getting lost again. Plus if you miss a turn the GPS will redirect you rather than having to "wing it" on your own.

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Love the Mad Hatter story.

I've used MapQuest in the past and very often had bad directions. We now use a GPS and have never had that issue of getting lost again. Plus if you miss a turn the GPS will redirect you rather than having to "wing it" on your own.

DM got a GPS for Christmas so I can borrow it now:)

vizsla
01-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
01-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice last day, except for the getting lost portion. :D Glad you enjoyed the breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, especially the Mad Hatter!

darthmacho
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
The Mad Hatter moment was special indeed. I hope it tops all the mishaps for the trip in your memories. :mickey:

Joannelet
01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I love the Mad Hatter...he cracks me up! :)
My son was a year old when we went for breakfast there and so he was in his high chair next to me. The Mad Hatter came over and was talking to us and making us laugh and my son started to nag/get upset a little bit. The Mad Hatter turned to him and said "I would be upset too if my mom tied me to a chair."
I just thought that was the funniest thing! :)
Glad you had a good experience with him too :) Very funny thing he did to your son! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I love the Mad Hatter...he cracks me up! :)
My son was a year old when we went for breakfast there and so he was in his high chair next to me. The Mad Hatter came over and was talking to us and making us laugh and my son started to nag/get upset a little bit. The Mad Hatter turned to him and said "I would be upset too if my mom tied me to a chair."
I just thought that was the funniest thing! :)
Glad you had a good experience with him too :) Very funny thing he did to your son! :)

That's great:thumbsup: