View Full Version : The Taylor Family December Oops-What Now Trip-Day Five

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Cast-

Me-Amy Age 42
DM-Patty-Age 64-First trip with a scooter
DS-Brett "Dylan:"-17-graduates this year

Wednesday, December 21 Animal Kingdom:

We arise bright and early and make the 7 am park opening. DS heads to EE while mom and I snag us all Fast Passes to the Safari. DS meets up with us and we head out on our adventure. We are in the back row and it sure is bumpy. I think we got better views of the animals than ever before and I get some great pictures. After the Safari, we head to Tough To Be a Bug and then use fastpasses for the Festival of the Lion King Show. We eat lunch at Flame Tree and it is great as usual. Afterwards DS heads back to Everest and mom and I finally get to see the Nemo Show. It is a cute show, but doesn't match FOTLK in my opinion. We head back to the resort to rest and I get a text from Minnie Mommie, her husband is out of the hospital and we can meet after all:thumbsup: DS goes back to take an afternoon nap and mom heads back to DTD to have a second look for a Tigger t-shirt for DS girlfriend. I have a wonderful visit with Minnie Mommie and her husband in front of the bridge at the lodge and I am happy to have made some new friends.

Dinner this night is at the Whispering Canyon. Mom and DS announce the scooter is getting low on battery power because she didn't charge it the night before. What, why not? It was still showing full power the night before so she didn't think it needed charging. DM says its showing full power again so DM and DS head off to watch the parade and fireworks at MK while I turn in early. I get a text from DS that DM ran out of power at MK and he had to push her to the balcony. What Now? I tell them to call Apple Scooter who agrees to bring them another battery. I wake up an hour or so later and DS and DM are back in the room. The battery Apple brought them was dead so they had to push the scooter all the way from the bus stop to the room. Earlier in the week bell hop had told mom to plug the scooter in outside the room and take the key in with her. After pushing it back they plug the scooter in, DS double checks all connections and we turn in for the night. We are all grateful we get to sleep in the next morning.

Next Up...Epcot World Showcase

faline
12-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Glad you were able to keep your meet!

Scooter problems? That doesn't sound like fun! Hope all is resolved!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Faline, I have to say Apple Scooters has great service. Even when it was our fault, they brought a battery out to us.:mickey:

faline
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Faline, I have to say Apple Scooters has great service. Even when it was our fault, they brought a battery out to us.:mickey:

Good to hear! I considered a scooter rental a couple of years ago after I'd undergone foot surgery!!

pdrlkr
12-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Scooter problems don't sound like fun. Glad you could have the meet!

Disney4us2
12-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry about the scooter problems. I rented from Apple last year and my battery just didn't last without a charge during the afternoon. Apple does have great service though. I always park mine in the room to charge.

Sounds like a good day at AK though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
:)I think we will leave it in the room for now on

MinnieMommie
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
The scooter problem sounds like it was a real inconvenience. Sorry! I am totally happy we had the chance to meet. What a fun and relaxing time we all had. Thanks for being so flexible with the changes to our plans. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
It was a great meet and we were taking it easy that day anyway. Love the WL lobby! My favorite part of the resort

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Another nice day! We saw the Nemo show once and I agree with you, cute show, but no where near as wonderfu as FOTLK! Too bad about the scooter problems. So glad you were able to have your meet after all. We were at WL by this time, checked in on the 20th. I wonder if we passed each other any of the days we were both there.

vizsla
01-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
01-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

DisneyorBust
01-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Lucky for your Mom she had her Grandson there to help her push the scooter, shame that she had battery issues. All inall a good day in AK.

darthmacho
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
BBQ two nights in a row? Hope you enjoyed WC food more than Hoopdeedoo. Also, I hope this is the last of the scooter power issues.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
BBQ two nights in a row? Hope you enjoyed WC food more than Hoopdeedoo. Also, I hope this is the last of the scooter power issues.

Actually we had the steak which were not only really good but turned out to be better than the BBQ on the skillet...

:)

SBETigg
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh my goodness, scooter trouble! Great that you got to meet MinnieMommie, though-- sorry her husband was in the hospital earlier though, yikes!

Joannelet
01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Wow that is crazy they had to push the scooter! Ugh....what luck they are having! Glad it was resolved!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Wow that is crazy they had to push the scooter! Ugh....what luck they are having! Glad it was resolved!

Yes, and it just aggravated DS cough. Luckily we brought his nebulizer along and he was feeling a bit better after a breathing treatment.